Big Sandy Lake Seasonal Camping 2021

• sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

We are almost a month away from Eagle Point opening up!!!!!
    Quickest way to get a spot is to buy out an existing spot.
    You will need to react very fast. A camper came up for sale early this month and had a waiting list to look at within a day.
    First person gave them a no hassle, here’s your check, we want in offer.
    Most have been on the list for 2-5 years.

Ready for another year!!!!!

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

2021 Seasonal Camping at Eagle Point is about to happen! Lots of new people this year. Cant wait to have some fun!

Just an FYI its very tough to find seasonal campsites since covid. If you find a spot buy it that day! Doesn’t matter what the camper looks like. Sell the camper and put yours on it.

Remember:

Compare campsites Apples to Apples. Not all of them are on the water, have electrical meters, have sewer attached, have a bar/restaurant, come with docs/boat lifts, allow kids to drive golf carts, have a beach, have a swimming pool, do they have events or party’s over the season, lights out quite time, place to park a boat and car on lot, lot taxes from county, do they allow decks and sheds, do you need a permit to have one, keep updated tabs on your camper, keep insurance on your camper, if you have kids/do you see kids playing, playground or area to play.

Just a few of my ideas and most importantly have FUN!!!!!

Rick Janssen

So you post got me interested enough to check out your web site. Just thought I should let you know that I could not find out much about your site? Not sure if it is on your end or mine, but the latest photos listed were from 2017 and even when I clicked on that tab, nothing changed and I could never find any photos. It would be nice to have a map of the resort and actual updated photos. Just thought I would pass on the info about your web site.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Hey Rick, You are correct the Campgrounds Website is out of date. Except for the contact numbers and cost of yearly camping in the lower left corner. Covid ran things a bit left field for everyone last year. I believe the waiting list to get in is a page long. Camping and Campers hit an all time high. The bar restaurant had a hard time even opening due to Covid. It took most of the summer to make it happen. We couldn’t have our 4th party, Halloween, smelt fry…. Not many pics to show. I assume it will get better this year.

Couple of things. Its not my Campground nor do I run the website. But… I have been a resident of the campground for 20 years with 3 kids. My kids are now older but still make visits. I like to promote good people and good things in this world. I see to many family’s sitting at home all summer. Minnesota has some of the cheapest resources to go have family fun with. McGregor is literally a couple hours north of the twin cities and Big Sandy offers it all. Below is a quick tour of the campsite that I shot last year. Nope, not my best video but give you a good idea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eagle Point Campground

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Shannon is this the campground next to the access by the Sandy River bridge & Zorbaz?

I did a drive around the lake today thinking I should look into a seasonal up there. I’ve fished the lake before and do like it.

Is your campground still full? Any campers for sale you know of? Most important is there a dock space for every site or are docks limited?

Any info would be much appriciated.

Brian

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes, right after Zorbaz is the palace. We currently have a waiting list for sites. They are in the process of turning a few campers and trying to make a few more spots. Our waiting list was around 80 a few years back. Not everyone is ready when an opening happens. Yes, buying an existing camper is the quickest way in. I was up two weekends ago and didn’t see any listed for sale. But.. not many had been up yet. Runs from first weekend in May to first weekend in October. Dock space is a waiting list also. You can rent weekend spots and just pull rig out when done.
    Is it fun? I think we have some of the best events ever! 4th of July is our jam and its a full day of events. We also have the annual smelt fry, campers end of the year picnic, Halloween party, soup cook off and Northern no contest contest. Of course many other things to be active or non-active in. We are a family campsite and pride ourselves on this.

I have also seen the Fishermans Bay bar is now getting into the seasonal game. They are right up the road from us.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.