IDO Get Together on Lake of the Woods + Win a Chance to Film with James & Joel

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I hear ya, just trying to inject some humor into some of the controversies that pop up here and there. It’s all in fun, I hope things pan out where I end up on Lake of the woods. I’ve never been there before, and the opportunity to experience it with comrades who also know the areas and techniques is priceless. Daytona will be there next year…barring any hurricanes. Lol.

I get it, some territorial people. Hope you make it. I’ve never ice fished LOW either, too good of an oppurtunity to pass up!. The fishing will only be matched by the jocularity.

frey0011
    Southern MN

So are there any age limitations? My 13 year old son has been my fishing buddy lately and would love a trip like this!

castle-rock-clown

While I’m not in a position of authority for this gathering, I would highly encourage the younguns, they make excellent musky bait, lol.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Historically that time of year is it still good enough ice to drive a truck? Obviously it impossible to say it will be fine or it won’t be but historically when does the ice start getting to the point where a person can’t drive anymore?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

on another note, if the perms are on fire with the fish, how close are we in portables allowed to fish by them. We seem to have this trouble on Castle Rock every year where there was a war between the guys in permanent shacks, and the guys running and gunning in their portables.

I’m sure everyone will be very willing to make space and fish as a group. My advice is to always be up front and ask. I highly doubt anyone is going to have any issues with portables mixing in with the permanent houses as long as holes aren’t punched so close to the permanents or roads to the permanents that flooding becomes and issue.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Historically that time of year is it still good enough ice to drive a truck? Obviously it impossible to say it will be fine or it won’t be but historically when does the ice start getting to the point where a person can’t drive anymore?

Historically speaking there should be more than enough ice for you to be able to use your truck.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

So are there any age limitations? My 13 year old son has been my fishing buddy lately and would love a trip like this!

No age limitations! We welcome everyone age 9 to 90… we keep things very family friendly and we’ll go out of our way to make sure the kiddos in attendance have a great time. waytogo

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James would an Old guy from out east be welcome. I do have some Lobster connections.

Not only welcome but given the distance you’d be traveling I think we’d make you the guest of honor! And we won’t expect you to haul out any lobster, either. Although, that said, it wouldn’t go to waste if you did!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

James would an Old guy from out east be welcome. I do have some Lobster connections.

Bee,

I think you could pay for your trip if the price was right on the Lobster. I have heard that the price out there is as low as it’s been an many years, but it sure is not reflected here.

I was looking at tails on sale the other day, a 3 oz tail was around $4, so $20 a pound for tails, I prefer steak at that kind of price. Normal price $35 a pound, ouch!!!

bee
    Maine

Live Lobster now is around 6.00 a lb.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

The guys like Nick at Ballards to a great job, I’m going to see if I can convince the wife to let me bail on family duties!

duke.harbaugh

I am interested in going. Looking to get in with another guy or group. I have all the gear and a ranger and would be leaving from Rochester. PM or call/txt 507.202.6698

ps0345

itching to pull the trigger

scmelik
    South Dakota

think I have 4-6 guys from work talked into going.

bee
    Maine

Todays Dinner. Lobster and Scallops.

Attachments:
    1. DSC02184.jpg

Crappy Fisherman

Thinking about going. I have a wheeler and a 1200 Otter Cabin.Im from Saint Paul, 65 years old, don’t smoke and like walking in the moonlight. If interested in splitting the cost I can drive. All you need is your own rods and tackle.
    Dan Jackson 651-276-9519,my wife used to work with BK’s wife so I know BK, and yes I like Spam.

Walking in the moonlight is optional

dalton villnave

another fella and i might be interested in heading out there. From the Syracuse area.

Jim Chyba

Sounds perfect on the timing, now who do I ask to come with????? Who wants to catch fat females staging to spawn???

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

It’s been my experience that these get togethers are not just great ways to meet and reconnect with friends, but an awesome place to gain some serious fishing knowledge! There’s always more to learn and it’s fun to hear everyone else’s experiences.

I’m really looking forward to the filming part. Like James said, this is an idea that’s been kicked around more than a time or two.

So there you have it, put it on the calendar and make it happen!

Joel

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

I just called to reserve a spot. Ballards told me you need double occupancy to register. So if any other person wants to team up I am ready to commit. I am a 65 year old non-smoker who seldom uses coarse language. Plan to take my own portable and ATV as long as the snow is not too deep. I live in the Onamia area, have a pick up truck and a 2 place ATV trailer. Could travel together or separate, then meet at the resort. Don 320-733-0879

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It’s been my experience that these get togethers are not just great ways to meet and reconnect with friends, but an awesome place to gain some serious fishing knowledge! There’s always more to learn and it’s fun to hear everyone else’s experiences.

I’m really looking forward to the filming part. Like James said, this is an idea that’s been kicked around more than a time or two.

So there you have it, put it on the calendar and make it happen!

Joel

I’m definitely looking forward to getting the winner on some nice fish and making the experience into a show for that week.

I’ll be promoting this on Facebook and in the coming week’s show so if you have guys teetering on the edge… give them a shove. I’d like to see as many IDO guys there as want to attend.

LARS

Hey guys, I’ve been an IDO’er for a long time now and moved up to LOW from Rochester almost 5 years ago and have been working at Ballard’s for that entire time, if anyone has any questions feel free to throw them my way and I’ll be happy to answer them as best I can. I’m not a desk guy, I’m a field guy, so anything field related I should be able to help out pretty good and general resort questions I should be able to answer as well. Glad the IDO crew is coming up should be a good time!

Andy

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Hey guys, I’ve been an IDO’er for a long time now and moved up to LOW from Rochester almost 5 years ago and have been working at Ballard’s for that entire time, if anyone has any questions feel free to throw them my way and I’ll be happy to answer them as best I can. I’m not a desk guy, I’m a field guy, so anything field related I should be able to help out pretty good and general resort questions I should be able to answer as well. Glad the IDO crew is coming up should be a good time!

Andy

Thanks Andy – great to have a field-guy on the ground on top of the other staff members. Looking forward to meeting you when we get up there!

Joel

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bee wrote:</div>

Todays Dinner. Lobster and Scallops.

You bring that and I’ll pick you up at the Airport;The ride up north is on me woot

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Myself and one or two friends are heading your way come March, I’ll know by Friday.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Myself and one or two friends are heading your way come March, I’ll know by Friday.

We look forward to meeting you and everyone else that can make it up!

CBMN
    North Metro

I plan to book this afternoon or weekend. Sounds like a blast.

bee
    Maine

Much as I would like to make it I will be tending ship here in Maine. Got some slabs that need a licking.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Much as I would like to make it I will be tending ship here in Maine. Got some slabs that need a licking.

Bee, if not this one, hopefully at another one held in the near future. Stay toasty my friend.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I wish it was closer to my neck of the woods Jim. Let me know if you ever want to try a spring or fall outing in New Yorks Finger Lakes. Nice sized Pike, Tiger_Musky’s, Bass and L_Trout.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.