How Many Of You…..

• brittlab
    North Central Iowa

I always clear away the slush around the hole.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

I always clear away the slush around the hole.

I clean snow and slush away from the hole also, I normally kick it down wind so I can kneal on dry snow or ice. By not having a mound of ice and frozen slush surrounding the holes I don’t have my wet line sticking to the frozen shards of ice. Sure the hole can freeze over easier and I have to worry about cleaning the surface ice from my hole but I am already down there anyway if I am fishing it. And like others have said it gives me a place to set my flasher down. We don’t get much of a chance to get our transportation on the ice like you guys do, heck I have only seen two sleds my hole live down here and one of them had the skis replaced by bicycle wheels.

trouter18

Jigging – clean it out to avoid line-catching

Tip ups – build a wall for a wind shield, plus you can hide your flag behind it identify whether your flag is up out of the corner of your eye.

I never thought about it causing a hazard. I don’t snowmobile, but if people think it is creating a hazard I would do my best to flatten them. (I don’t hide the tip ups in crowded areas where someone might run one over though).

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Quote:

I will be the bad guy here. When we are drilling 100’s of holes and hole hopping I leave the mounds

+1.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.