Best Resort on L.O.T.W??

hi guys, a couple buddies and myself are looking at coming up to L.O.T.W sometime in the near future. i am trying to find out where the best place to stay would be?? if anyone has any experiences (good or bad), please let me know. are you pretty much confined to the ice house they put you in for the day?? will any move you around?? who stays on top of the fish?? thanks in advance for your replies.

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

there are several good resorts, some better than others, and the price reflects as such. The best bang for your buck is Arneson’s Rocky Point resort, but Zippel Point is good too. I’ll ask around here and see which are the best this year so far and get back to ya

bassguy
    MANKATO

Karma,
    I stayed at Wigwam 2 years ago. A little spendy, but good service and a nice cabin. The restaurant/lounge is nice, and they had live music every night. We would fish all day in one house, and the next day we would be in a different one. They would always try to put us in a hot area and give us tips. The bombedeer drivers always picked us up last to come back in for the day at our request, and were very accomodating. Overall, we had a good experience there.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Karma: I’ll say the exact same thing as Riggy but substitute the name Sportsman’s Lodge. Good time the 3 times I’ve been there.

thanks for the replies guys! a couple guys in the group are getting a little edgy about the 11 hour trip to get there from here (oshkosh, wi). any ideas for other lakes that may be a bit closer? we dont care at all about taking fish home, so a slot lake would be fine. just looking for a good walleye bite. thanks in advance for your replies.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Do yourselfs a favor and drive the extra miles to LOTW, you won’t be sorry, as for a place to stay I would check out Ballards

well boys, our trip is booked! we settled on sportsmans lodge Feb 8th-11th. It will be our first time on LOW, any tips would be appreciated! is there a decent jigging spoon bite or are bait/bobber combos the ticket?

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Been to Sportman’s Lodge the last four years and have always had good to very good success. Check out their web site and look for the fishing report link. We typically use gold jigs, but last year the biggest fish came on a hook suspended about 10′ up from the bottom. Bring a vexliar if you have one, it helps a ton.

i see that shiners are pretty pricey up there. the lodge says they supply fresh bait. will that include live bait?

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Well it depends, if you buy one of the packages that they offer then yes it does. These packages also include meals transportation etc. Check out their web site at sportsmanslodgelow.com and then go to winter activities.

yes we booked the package that includes the shack,transportation, and bait.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

karma check you messages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.