Ice Fishing Derby – Stoddard, WI

• B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

More details to come VERY SOON! Just thought I’d get the word out to those in the area that may be looking for something to do for fun that day! Hope to see some of you guys there!

Yes, beer is allowed.

Feel free to PM me with any initial questions!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Entry forms are available at ACE Hardware of La Crosse and Bob’s Bait and Tackle.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With beer allowed…… I’m thinking there should be some good entertainment.

Shacks, cash and door prizes Plus you get to ice fish

Any IDO’ers from the La Crosse area thinking about attending

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

I would be willing to give it a shot.

jld
    Holmen

Sounds like a good time-hopefully no kids basketball that day.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I might give it a shot, too far in advance for me to make any definite decisions

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well at first thought the entry fee was high (I remember the old 1 to 5 dollar days )

But the prize list makes it look worth a shot…

Count me in…..I MIGHT even bring some blatz

Edit: Unless the date interferes with the winter GTG…..I WILL make that this year!!….(hint,hint )

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Heck yeah…a chance to win one of SIX Frabill ice shanties plus cash and a number of door prizes from Frabill, Bob’s Bait & Tackle, Quantum, Eagle Claw, ACE Hardware and others!

I don’t know how you could pass it up, especially if you’re out there fishing anyways.

Hopefully the weather cooperates that day! If not, it’ll be hosted on Sunday.

Batman09
    Michigan

Quote:

We’ll see if my Brother-inlaw can catch another cooler on fire.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

We’ll see if my Brother-inlaw can catch another cooler on fire.

Like I said….good entertainment

Sounds like there is going to be some cool stuff for door prizes. I always like it when there is a chance to win something without having to catch a fish

B.C. Any chance there will be a beer tent or raffles? If there’s a beer tent I might fish right close to the landing

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Hey guys, sounds like we may have a date conflict with the village of Stoddard annual tournament so we may be moving it ahead to the 10th of January. Stay tuned…I’ll have a firm date soon.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Firm date now is January 10th, same time and same place!

Sorry for the confusion! Beer is still allowed.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

FYI – this is just around the corner! 9 chances to win a prize…hope to see a lot of you there!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

1st place – Frabill Trekker II

2nd place – Frabill Recon

3rd place – CASH PRIZE

PLUS – Lots of door prizes from the following sponsors!

Pick up an entry form at Bob’s Bait & Tackle or ACE Hardware of La Crosse NOW…or just sign up at the landing! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

TTT

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Additional door prizes provided by:

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

We are allowing anglers to park where they want (within Stoddard) to make it easier to get to their spots since “the box” is such a big area. Weigh-ins throughout the day are encouraged as time of weigh-in will be the tie-breaker.

Coffee, soda and hot dogs will be made available all day as well at the registration shelter! Looks like its going to be a decent day tomorrow…18 degrees with minimal wind.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Last minute change of plans. I’m able to make it to the derby. I’m jacked. Is it worth bringing tip-ups (just for fun). Or will the area be pretty full?

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

What a well run tourny for the first year. The guys will tweak it and be even better for next. Considering the weather and buy-in, there was a good turnout.

I even was able to sneak away with some door prizes and a new frabill ice shanty.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Thanks to everyone who showed up and I hope everyone had a great time. We ended up with 57 registered anglers and had a good time even with the cold temps. Our first year was definitely a learning experience and know now what we will need to add and improve on next year.

Congrats on the Frabill Chris, hope you enjoy it!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Some pics from yesterday…

A few pictures from yesterday…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Don’t tell me that ugly gorilla on the right won a prize….

Wait until I see him…

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Thanks BC. I bought the trekker II in December, so my buddy Bruce, who talked me into going at the last minute, got the deal of the century on that Frabil.

By the way, my daughter loves the “lip balm”. This message has been brought to you by Progressive.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.