Storing the Otter XT650

• justinpliska
    Hartford, SD

Need some ideas on how to store the otter this summer. It will be in a garage with maybe some mice. Any tips or tricks on how to store it so the mice dont get to the canvas. i do have a travel cover too any tips will be helpful ! Thanks

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Pull the tarp off. Fold it, box it and take it inside.

Ive tried a lot of things like tons of dryer sheets, moth balls and eventually I get some rodent activity. Bringing the canvas inside is the only method I trust any more. Now both my flips are stored in my house.

mojogunter

I hang mine from the ceiling. Never had any problems. My garage ceiling is 12′ high so it doesn’t get in the way.

tr
    Plymouth

X2 from Mojohunter. I hang mine also. go to amazon and search out Garage storage and they have a really cool unit you attach to the ceiling with a worm gear to raise and lower the items on it. I change out my summer and winter items on this. its really cool and I have had no mice problems in over 10 years

crappies

i agree with the other guys ideas on storage. id just put your canvas in a rubber made container with dryer sheets so u have peace of mind.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

I told the farmer that lets us deer hunt his property about the dryer sheet idea. We put them in all his trucks in the fall. When we came back in the spring, the mice made their nests out of the dryer sheets.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I went cheap 4 bike hooks and some rope. Needed a buddy to help lift it up but it worked well. I tried my own rig with some ropes and pulleys but it didn’t work. Never was good at physics.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

X2 from Mojohunter. I hang mine also. go to amazon and search out Garage storage and they have a really cool unit you attach to the ceiling with a worm gear to raise and lower the items on it. I change out my summer and winter items on this. its really cool and I have had no mice problems in over 10 years

I have that too, it’s called the Pro Heavy Lift by Racor, works like a charm with a power drill, holds 250 lbs when properly installed. I replaced the cables with longer & thicker guage, goes all the way down to the garage floor now from my 12′ ceiling.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.