Today marks the start

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

of myself officially being in the ice fishing mode. Deer season has come and gone, cold weather is upon us, Christmas lights are being put up and lakes are freezing over. It is indeed a good time of year.

With confirmed recent pictures of walleyes and pan-fish on ice, who has plans to head out after the thanksgiving feast? You can bet I will be venturing out as soon as the turkey comatose has left my body. Myself along with a few buddies will be pointing the vehicles north for a weekend of first ice action.

I have tentative plans to shed the rust off Wednesday morning as smaller lakes around Minneapolis have now froze over. A little walleye lake not too far away may see my boot tracks mid week! To say i am excited is an understatement. First ice aggressive walleyes and my favorite rapala jigging raps are a prefect combination to ice those first fish of the year.

Anyone else have rods rigged up with their favorite lure on them already? After I click that little continue button below to submit this post, the tackle boxes will be opened. Happy prepping! Lets hope to see more and more fish pics every day now!

jld
    Holmen

I have never been more ready in my life for good ice. Reels had new line two weeks ago. Just itching to try out my new Noodle. May have to sort through the tackle box just to keep my sanity.

zachabbott
    NULL

Quote:

I have never been more ready in my life for good ice. Reels had new line two weeks ago. Just itching to try out my new Noodle. May have to sort through the tackle box just to keep my sanity.

Sounds like me hahaha. I had new line of several weeks ago too. When I’m feeling to excited, I just sort through my tackle box.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I do that on a nightly basis, my jig box sits right on ny night stand!

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

I have reorganized the hard water section of my tackle box three times this month.

dbright
    Cambridge

I was unprepared hitting the ice the past two days. I should went through my gear.

tswoboda

Ice fishing started yesterday for me. Only went about 50 yards off shore and had an average of 5″ of ice with no less than 4″. I fished for 2 hours around sundown and brought home a mess of nice perch, 3 eyes, and lost a few more at the hole. Caught everything in 4.5 to 6.5 fow. Great first trip of the year.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

It seems like that is a common theme for us all, no matter how prepared you think you are. There is a lot of rust to shake off after 7 months in the off season LOL

Quote:

I was unprepared hitting the ice the past two days. I should went through my gear.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Quote:

Ice fishing started yesterday for me. Only went about 50 yards off shore and had an average of 5″ of ice with no less than 4″. I fished for 2 hours around sundown and brought home a mess of nice perch, 3 eyes, and lost a few more at the hole. Caught everything in 4.5 to 6.5 fow. Great first trip of the year.

NICE !!! And I’m very jealous…Great Job !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.