LX6,7,9 features you like to see in the future?

• fisherman-andy

Now that we are nearing the end of the ice season I thought it be nice to bring up a post on what features that LX6, LX7, LX9 users would like to see incorporated into future software updates. Or maybe even possible hardware add on upgrades?

After spending some time with my LX6, a I like to see would be the ability to re-arrange the screen display. For example being able to move or put the vertical bar display on either the left or right side of the screen.

Another would be a menu back out button option. Not sure if there is one already but everytime I go into the menus I cant back out.

A larger or wider vertical bar display and zoom.

Im sure there are a few other things I like to say but cant remember for the moment. Other then that the LX6 on 3.17 has been solid for me.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

GPS, with lake map capabilities

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Super fine line with a shallow water feature

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

A smaller transducer and more compact case. GPS would be nice too.

castle-rock-clown

I agree, it’s time for Marcum to bring their excellence on the ice to the soft water arena. GPS would benefit both ice and open water anglers. I have an lx7 any have the high speed transducer for on the boat, the humminbird is just there to provide GPS. On a less expensive note, I wish Marcum had a cigarette lighter cord to both power and recharge the battery from an external 12volt source.

amundsonjon
    wi

Would be nice to be able to hook up to trolling motor built in sonar on Minn kota without having to buy their transducer and bolt it on .

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Super fine line with a shallow water feature

x2

amundsonjon
    wi

Would be awesome to be able to run two transducers and watch seperate holes with vertical display

tswoboda

GPS capable is the biggest thing for me.

I’d like to see a model that is flasher and GPS combo, no camera.

Another thing I’d like to see is for Marcum or Vexilar to change something so they can play nice together in deep water with a rocky bottom.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Would be awesome to be able to run two transducers and watch seperate holes with vertical display

Never thought of that but your defiantly cooking with peanut oil as Phil would say.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

One simple feature that I would love to see is manual adjustment of the vertical zoom window. You can manually adjust where the bottom is set at, but for the size of the window, you can only choose from 10,20,40 feet etc. There are lots of times, where Id love to have a 15, 25, or 30 foot setting. Manual adjustment of this would be awesome.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Since I like to set mine up differently for different species/situations having the ability to save and re-create a few screen configurations with only a couple quick button pushes would be very cool. Kind of like a car seat that automatically goes back to your settings with one push of a button.

Example – I love using chart mode with a vertical zoom set right to bottom for walleye fishing so I would like to save that specific configuration as WALLEYE.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

GPS, with lake map capabilities

YUP!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

programmable buttons for screen configurations

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

This isn’t one of the sonars you mentioned but I’d like to see the MarCum VS825sd come with a built-in video recorder.

prospector
    Wyoming

Ability to turn OFF the transducer while only using the camera.
    Fish alarm.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The buzzing sound to make it sound like a Vex.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

toxic11

I also would like to see an option where you can get a marcum lx9 unit with a gps capability instead of camera.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

xs2

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

xs2

MarCum is considering adding a new mode in future products. It will include greatly reduced target separation, gigantic screen cluttering returns of fish and lure, the elimination of screen customization options…. and playback of the whirring sound of a noisy mechanical flasher. It will be call “antique mode.”

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

It will be call “antique mode.”

I know a few people that could be applied to

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Randy, you don’t know me that well!

Do you?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Fish alarm.

Actually this was the one that I had ment to add to.

AlligatorDundee

Quote:

Fish alarm.

To turn off the clicking noise on Lx9 transducer while using camera only. I GO TO THE SIMULATER MODE.

The camera should be an adjustable picture. Like all the others they have.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.