Tackle box organization

• Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I got this tip for tackle box organization of my smaller spoons from one of Brad Hawthorne’s “Hooked on the Ice” videos. This was really easy. Just went to a local craft store and picked up some foam to cut and insert into my tackle box slots and cut individual slots for each spoon. Keeps all my spoons hooks untangled from each other saving lots of time while out on the ice getting rigged up. And keeps the hooks dry if you happen to get any water in your box.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice! I always hoard that type of foam when we get packages at work that use it. Now, I have a use for it!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Dumb idea.

Where did you get that foam from?

amundsonjon
    wi

Gonna borrow that for shure. Would keep paint nice too for them long rough hauls where baits can take a beating. Any ideas for safe storage of mutiple jiggin raps? The larger sizes seem to be hardest. Broke lots of tails from them getting shut in box or bouncing around.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Another type of material that nearly everybody has…noodle foam! Been using it for years an holds up well. It doesn’t fit extremely tight and that is good because you need a way for any water to evaporate. Holds all the jigs well and they don’t get so beat up AND they are ready to use for fishing rather than untangling a mess.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I don’t have any good ideas for storing darters or jigging raps? But I did this same thing with my jigs. After having five or six ($3 a piece) tungsten jigs get their paint chipped up really bad in my Vexilar jig box, it was time for a change.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Another type of material that nearly everybody has…noodle foam! Been using it for years an holds up well. It doesn’t fit extremely tight and that is good because you need a way for any water to evaporate. Holds all the jigs well and they don’t get so beat up AND they are ready to use for fishing rather than untangling a mess.

wow, you have every color under the sun

brianm
    Le Suer County, MN

wow, you have every color under the sun

My wife needs to see this photo, she complains I have too much ice tackle. Looking at that photo it’s not even close. Looks like I need to go shopping for more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.