Where are the walleye

• smackemup
    North Metro

Trying to find some walleyes this last week of open season here in the metro, crappies have not been a problem this year but I have only hauled in a few short walleyes, anyone have any suggestions? I am down to travel a hour or so around metro area. Anyone fish medicine this year?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Maybe try the deepest rocks in browns bay on tonka. I also saw pics from last week on prior of some giants that made me think about heading out there.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Been to medicine last summer and there are some good ones to be had out of there, caught a 26 1/2″ in the fall. Good luck finding em though. Mine were off mid lake structure

kuabzeej

Finding them consistently on the weed line in the west metro lately. Some nights they like jigging, some they prefer plain hook. All 14-22″, 3-4 a night, they come in like a wolf pack all between the magic hour 5:30-6:30, thats the only time ive spent fishing I’ve found thinking outside the box has help. 12-15ft away from crowds around structure. Good luck, only a few more days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.