Simple VX-1 question..

• rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

Ok so I absolutely love my VX-1 and feel its a GREAT deal for the $$$!! But today I started to question how I was reading it, obviously in 20FOW or less its pretty self explanatory but when I get into the 40′ range I wonder if I am reading it wrong because a guy next to us (and on Navionics should have been in the exact same depth of water) asked what depth we were fishing in and I told him 34′, and he said weird because he was in 24’… So now I feel like I’m over thinking it, or I actually am an idiot

So the question is, say I am in the 40′ setting and the “bottom” shows up at say the same place as where 16′ would be in the 20′ range. This puts me at 36′???? Correct? But now what happens in say 22′ of water? Does that show up and only use the first inch or so on the flasher??

Thanks

Signed
    The Flasher rookie

BBKK
    IA

When in the 40ft setting, double the white #.

So if you are in the 40 setting and depth is showing at 16 feet, you are in 32 feet of water.

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

So I am an idiot!!! But so is the guy next to me also
    I looked everywhere and know one explains that lol.

Mods feel free to delete this please Rdwheeler

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

If switching to 40′ scale just double your reading on flasher.

BBKK
    IA

You are NOT an idiot. It took me 30 minutes to figure it out a couple days ago. First time ever in water over 20′, was having a heck of a time reading it. I kept looking at the blue inner #’s, which I believe is for the 60′ one. If I had connection to internet with my phone out on the ice I would have posted the same question.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was out on Sunday on a lake that bottomed out the 40′ scale and switch my LX-3 to the next depth setting. Not sure if i ever did guess right at what depths we where seeing out there. This lake has a lot of 40 to 100+ depths in it. Might have to go play around in that deeper water just to get more familiar with those deeper setting and what Im looking at.

BMarshall17

I have had mine for 2 years and just figured that out about a month ago, ha just be glad you figured it out right away. I was an idiot for over a year… ha

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

Awesome! I feel much better now! So when I have it set to 40′ it should never read bottom on the right half of the flasher, assuming I’m deeper than 20FOW?

Well good excuse to load up my stuff and head out fishing .

Thanks guys!!!

hnd

don’t worry about it. it took a buddy of mine almost an hour to figure out what a flasher was reading. he thought we were in 50 ft of water at his grandfathers farm pond. it was pretty hilarious.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

James helped me out with my blank stare just this past week…

“Hey Koonce !!! Double The White Number ”

Thanks Buddy !!

dld24

here I thought I was the only one when I first got mine,I was reading it wrong too, it just dawned on me one morning like o hey just double the number lol…I think this topic makes a lot of us feel better that we aren’t the only dumb dumbs

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

So I am an idiot!!! But so is the guy next to me also
    I looked everywhere and know one explains that lol.

Mods feel free to delete this please Rdwheeler

My wife could never figure this out even after I explain. That’s why I got her a Showdown that shows depth automatically. But it doesn’t adjust the range automatically.

John S.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.