Bad LX7, Good customer service.

• ChuckTritz

Just got the call from Cabelas, my LX-7 was waiting for me at customer service. I was like a kid in a candy store, got out to the truck and couldn’t resist, unpackaged it, and was ready to start playing! No juice, took it out of the case and plugged everything in. Still no juice. Maybe the battery is dead! Got home, charged it up, still…..no juice. Bad battery? Nope, tried 2 other batteries and a power cord from one of my LX3’s. Called Marcum and Chris ran through with me pretty much everything I had already done, took my name and address and just like that, a new unit is on the way. It’s a lot easier to excuse defects when you have great customer service on the other line. Marcum is one of the few companies that understands what customer service really is.

big_g
    Isle, MN

MARCUM

My boss picked up an LX7, pretty fancy !! He is test running it today on the pond

Did you ask em what they can do about some ice…

ChuckTritz

Also I forgot to ask while I was on the phone with them, does the LX7 come with a product manual? Mine didn’t, I might have to call back and tell them to throw one in the box with the new head unit.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Also I forgot to ask while I was on the phone with them, does the LX7 come with a product manual? Mine didn’t, I might have to call back and tell them to throw one in the box with the new head unit.

Chuck:

Much thought was put into what the LX-7 manual should include, and how it should be delivered. In keeping with the digital, progressive nature of the product, Marcum made the decision to not include a manual with the unit, but instead to provide an online manual. This document will grow with the unit, continually improving to keep up with the new features and functionality available with subsequent updates.

Joel

ChuckTritz

Quote:

Quote:

Chuck:

Much thought was put into what the LX-7 manual should include, and how it should be delivered. In keeping with the digital, progressive nature of the product, Marcum made the decision to not include a manual with the unit, but instead to provide an online manual. This document will grow with the unit, continually improving to keep up with the new features and functionality available with subsequent updates.

Joel

Thanks

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

How hard or time consuming would it be to flip the switch on these units to make sure they AT LEAST power up? To me there is nothing more frustrating that buying a new product and it’s faulty right from the start. Happen’s all to often IMO, not specifically Marcum, but generally speaking.

Glad to hear they took care of you though.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Maybe the Fed Ex delivery man dropped these off…literally. If you haven’t seen that video, Google it.

shaley
    Milford IA

Same issue with mine to, tuned on fine the first couple times then finaly nothing, all fixed with a call to Chris….

skiman39

Mine also came today from Cabelas, and it also would not power up, brought to the electic shop at work here and tested with ohm meter battery is good, powerhead on unit is junk. Not to impressed. Not only that but I get on this website tonight and here i’m the 3rd one already reporting a DOA on arrival. Whats up with that? They cant even test these things before they ship? and Im leaving for a fishin trip tomorrow without a flasher. Nice, Huh? Just great

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I’ll lend you my headunit if you wanna swap them before your trip.

and that folks is what makes this site great!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The Lx-7 comes with the negative terminal of the battery NOT connected. You have to take the screen off the gimbal mounts and physically hook the negative terminal to the battery. Battery should be fairly close to 100% charge also don’t forget to check the connections in the back of the screen to make sure they are not loose, sometimes they become loose during delivery. I had to read the online manual to get all this information.

See Online manual from Joels post above.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Mine also came today from Cabelas, and it also would not power up, brought to the electic shop at work here and tested with ohm meter battery is good, powerhead on unit is junk. Not to impressed. Not only that but I get on this website tonight and here i’m the 3rd one already reporting a DOA on arrival. Whats up with that? They cant even test these things before they ship? and Im leaving for a fishin trip tomorrow without a flasher. Nice, Huh? Just great

Just a crazy thought here… the power button needs to be held down for a LONG time before the unit will power on. Like 5 – 7 seconds of constant pressure. I know the first time I tried to start one I wasn’t holding it long enough.

Do me a favor and make sure all battery connections are good then give the power button a long and steady push and see if that doesn’t work.

skiman39

I just tryed it again, believe me we held the button down for like 30seconds maybe even a minute long, everybody here did, still nothing lights her up. We had the unit completly disconnected from everything out of the shuttlecase reconnected everything good, turned over & flipped upside down checked it all over and still know go! Checked for output at power cable right before it goes into powerhead and it is at 13.1 volts going into unit. Were pretty sure we got a bad one

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just tryed it again, believe me we held the button down for like 30seconds maybe even a minute long, everybody here did, still nothing lights her up. We had the unit completly disconnected from everything out of the shuttlecase reconnected everything good, turned over & flipped upside down checked it all over and still know go! Checked for output at power cable right before it goes into powerhead and it is at 13.1 volts going into unit. Were pretty sure we got a bad one

Sorry to hear it. I’m sure MarCum will get you out a new one ASAP.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just got off the phone with Marcum customer service. Try this…

If the unit is not powering on. Disconnect the Red (positive) lead from the battery for at least 15 seconds. After the red lead has been disconnected Hold down the power button and continue to hold it down while re-connecting the red lead. Continue to hold the power button until the LX-7 logo appears. (this could take 15 seconds). This is a hard re-set of sorts, and should resolve the issue.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Is that the Marcum rendition of Control Alt Delete? ;-)

skiman39

Quote:

Just got off the phone with Marcum customer service. Try this…

If the unit is not powering on. Disconnect the Red (positive) lead from the battery for at least 15 seconds. After the red lead has been disconnected Hold down the power button and continue to hold it down while re-connecting the red lead. Continue to hold the power button until the LX-7 logo appears. (this could take 15 seconds). This is a hard re-set of sorts, and should resolve the issue.

OK I tryed that, it also did not work. No power up.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Is that the Marcum rendition of Control Alt Delete? ;-)

Or he is experiencing the Black Screen of Death.

Sorry, not to make light of your issues. I feel your pain. especially leaving on a trip with a DOA new unit. I’d be POed at the minimum.

shaley
    Milford IA

For the life of me I couldn’t get mine to power up after initial set up, tried different batteries, power cord and battery on my LX-5 and everything Chris had me try… For giggles hit the button last night and low and behold it fired up and did so today to… Amazing unit on the ice, no regrets at all in buying one even with a few minor glitches that I’m sure Marcum will soon have a fix out for….Lines could be a little thinner like the SFL of the LX 5 I love so much and screen is jumpy and alot of flickering, not a deal breaker though…Oh and the most annoying thing, the power wires coming unhooked anytime you pick up the unit, even after tightening them up…..Still love it and by the end of the day loosing the love for the LX-5, wont miss the flasher eyes with the 7, so easy to look at…..

nrid18
    Chicago, IL

Just opened my LX7 and had the same issue with it not turning on (after already playing with it a few times). did the hard re-set as James suggested and she fired right up! Thanks James. Now I just need a charger and I will be all set, oh yeah, that and ice!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.