Auger help

• Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

Looking at getting a new auger. Does anyone have any experience with the Eskimo shark? I am not even familiar with the company

b-j-r
    Pool 4

I bought my first gas auger last year. I did alot of research and ended up going with a jiffy. There is one other that I would have choose first but just didn’t have the funds but all the reviews, videos are very impressive. The Gator.

http://www.icegator.com/video.html

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I don’t know exactly what model my fishing partner has but he has had his eskimo for at least 12 years now without having problems. It has drilled 1000’s of holes and always starts by the second pull, so I would say they are a good ice drill. As for me I bought the S.M. lite and love it.

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

Yeah, you could go Eskimo or Jiffy… I really do believe Strikemaster is the best all around augers.

Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

The sale at Glens is what got me thinking about a that eskimo. I have never used anything but strike master before. So I figured I would ask. Thank for the help guys

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Stick with a Strike Master, you will never look back and it will last longer and cut better then the 2 other brands.

mfreeman451

I am using a cordless electric system (makita lx-1 18v system) with a 5″ lazermag hand auger and it rips. I am sure the icegator is a good product but you might as well just buy yourself a nice drill that you can use when you’re not fishing. It looks like the batteries that the ice gator uses are the standard junky 12v battery you’d use ice fishing, where as the li-on you get with your drill will fully charge in 30 minutes and last a lot longer, only downside is you have to keep them warm..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.