Need a new Strikemaster Shaft

• has
    Hudson, WI

So I have 2 Lazer Mags. 1 is a 3hp with a 10″ blade and the other is a 2.5HP with a 8″ blade. I’d either like to sell or trade the 10″ in, or I might just keep it if the trade in value isn’t really worth much.

Now here is the question. Do I have to get a strikemaster shaft? I’d like to get a 6″ or 7″ shaft that will fit on either motor. Is there a place that sells used shafts?

The Pessimist

D Rock Center in New Brighton sells drills that have been slightly used in ice fishing contests. I picked up a 10″ that looked brand new for $75. I would call and ask if they have a 6″ or 7″ in stock.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Eskimo will work but you will have to drill out the collar on it and bolt it on. Here is another good idea for a quick change that I’m thinking about doing so I can quickly switch blades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5nE5M74e3w

has
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like D Rock has some.

Now. Who uses a 6″ or 7″ auger? How much faster do they cut than a 8″?

The Pessimist

A buddy has the 6″ on a 3hp. Super fast. Great for run and gun fishing. You’d be surprised how big a walleye has traveled up the 6″ hole. Also, when run and gun fishing, the 6″ is less work on the arms, shoulders and back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.