12/8/11 all of 30 minutes

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

My buddy and I had to wait until he finished up the school day to hit the ice for day two of ice fishing. We got out at about 4o’clock and fished till about 4:30pm and was that the funniest half an hour of fishing yet. We caught probably 50 fish (just about every time you put your line in the water) in a half hour. We were fishing in 5-5.5ft of water. Our jig tactics were Brandyn was using a Gold Diamond Head jig tipped with a waxie and I was using a pink glow-in-the-dark shrimpo tipped with a waxie fishing about 6″ off the bottom. All in all great time job done quick!

Dylan

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

MMMMMMMM, Bluegills, Bobbers, and Beer.

nice!!!

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

MMMMMMMM, Bluegills, Bobbers, and Beer.

Yup, fish fry tomorrow night, with those gills & from Wednesday and Tuesday batches! And hopefully more tonight!

arklite881south

Those look like some nice bulls. Careful on your keep rate. Let the rest of the neighborhood have their own fish fry. I’m a guy that likes a fish meal, but I also know bites like it appears your on are tough to come by. 50 fish in 30 minutes is impressive. Keep a few for the pan and let some of those big girls reproduce. Looks like that ice is DICEY. Keep your ice pics around your neck.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice mess of fish Dylan

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Yeah Chris I understand what your saying, we coulda both probably had our limits but we did let a decent amount go for the most part as well… and Thanks Bret!

arklite881south

Great mess of fish!! Those Bulls look pretty big. How big are you getting them Dylan?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

the ice looks dicey

I was thinking the same thing….
    Great jobs guys…be careful on that early ice…

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

fish good, ice very iffy or just my perception

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I see a good hard clear ice. I also know Dylan wouldn’t push his luck. I really wish I could have been standing there next to him….or 15 feet from him
    The ice is shaping up nicley in the La Crosse area, not that it will have everyone in there comfort zone

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Bret cleared things up right there I’d never push it, I’ve been through once before when I was younger haven’t messed around without being more smart since. The ice in the area is great as of last night where I was there was a solid 3″ and in some spots 4″+ but never can be too sure. Brandyn kept his talking distance at 15ft away and we were both on the fish good! I can’t wait to get the shanty out though. I sat there fishing over my MR. Heater just for my hands purpose. But I’m one to enjoy fishing and I do that in a Shanty but I’m true to fishing in the brutal cold as well.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Great mess of fish!! Those Bulls look pretty big. How big are you getting them Dylan?

The biggest in the picture was a 10″ on gold diamond head with waxie but the average they were 8’s and 9’s all fairly solid gills, let some 8’s go as well after we had 10 fish each but couldn’t release those bigger ones that bit right at the end just hadda keep them extra 4 for the frying pan

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Nice fish…. Great job

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I am more than a little jealous. I WANT ICE!!!!!!!! Please God, I am sick of staring at my Vexi and starting the power auger for fun. I was sitting in the garage the other night in the Clam, with the top flipped over pretending to ice fish. Something is wrong with me. Nice fish BTW.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.