LX7 OR ICE 55?

• WALLEYE444

Anyone have a lx7 or an ice 55? I have an lx3 with color upgrade, as of now so I have used Marcum before. I have also use a vex fl8, but curious about hummingbirds & how the new lx7 is. Thanks.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

The LX-7 hasn’t hit the shelves quite yet.

Here is what we know so far.

Can’t wait to try this on the hard water.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I haven’t used any Marcums as of yet. However I have used the Ice55. I was ready to drop my Vexilar FL18 down the hole and go get an Ice55. That thing is sweet.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Thorne Brothers had the LX-7, in addition to the rest of the Marcum line up, for sale this weekend. Had the opportunity to see it outside with the sun shining right at the face of the unit. I was truly surprised as to how easy it was to view. It has a ton of different ways you can view the information on the screen. I would have loved to pulled the hammer on one, but the wife just looked at me. She was already very generous with what SHE purchased for me. Hopefully I will get to see one in action on the ice sometime this season.

FDR

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Thorne Brothers had the LX-7, in addition to the rest of the Marcum line up, for sale this weekend. Had the opportunity to see it outside with the sun shining right at the face of the unit. I was truly surprised as to how easy it was to view. It has a ton of different ways you can view the information on the screen. I would have loved to pulled the hammer on one, but the wife just looked at me. She was already very generous with what SHE purchased for me. Hopefully I will get to see one in action on the ice sometime this season.

FDR

The LX7 at Thorne was not a working model. They won’t be for sale until around November 1st, retailing at $699.00…

troy-starch
    stoddard wi

i am dying to know what she got for you???? and maby you can tell me how you got her to get it for you

baldwin4
    NE IA

Cabela’s has them on there website

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Cabela’s has them on there website

I think a lot of retailers have them on their respective websites and some are even taking pre-orders. But nothing will be shipped until Nov. 1.

tomhopkins
    waconia, mn

i have an ice 55. i love it. the six color is nice as you can tell in greater detail what a fish is doing(coming closer or backing off) by what colors you see blue(weak)to red(strong) and the target separation is great. the zoom is nice as it can be used anywhere in the water column and the ergonomics overall are great. packs up easy and easy to carry around and use for hole hopping. the only thing is when your night fishing the screen gets to bright from the led screen.it also has a backlit screen with battery gauge and depth reading. overall a great product imho.i used to have a vex fl 12 and this unit is light years ahead of it. that new marcum looks sweet too. ahh decisions decisions

arklite881south

I honestly believe even when throwing all other bells and whistles out the window the Larger than life dial is going to be something I will likely never want to step away from (Pardon the Pun). I know going to the 10 inch screen on my 1198c in my guide boat has me nearly cross-eyed looking at my smaller screen in the bow. I can’t tell you how many times customers have told me precisely the same thing. I have to believe this will be equally as impressive in a flasher for ice anglers. Marcum’s LX-7 has an amazing amount of things for sophisticated “Ice Heads” to utilize. This is a bar raising step by Marcum Techonology on paper. Everyone INCLUDING myself is very excited to see this on the ice……Where it really counts!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

i am dying to know what she got for you???? and maby you can tell me how you got her to get it for you

1) Custom 32″ Perch Sweet Heart with Recoil guides.
    2) 2 Shimano Reels
    3) Otter Rod Case
    4) An “I owe you” for a set of Storm Suit Bibs and Jacket. They didn’t have my size in the color that I wanted.

I honestly can’t say what I did to deserve any of this. I think I just married the right one for me!

FDR

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

2) 2 Shimano Reels

3) Otter Rod Case

4) An “I owe you” for a set of Storm Suit Bibs and Jacket. They didn’t have my size in the color that I wanted.

I honestly can’t say what I did to deserve any of this. I think I just married the right one for me!

FDR

Brother… you scored. Once with the “goodies” and again with the wife that bought you the “goodies.”

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2) 2 Shimano Reels

3) Otter Rod Case

FDR

Brother… you scored. Once with the “goodies” and again with the wife that bought you the “goodies.”

Plus you sent two IDO hats home with my oldest son and myself on our way out. Thank you by the way!

I have been mulling around a bunch of ways to show my appreciation. I need to get this right!

OH crap! I forgot to mention what started this all. A trip to LOW in January. All made possible by my one and only.

FDR

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Book a couple nights at the Anne Bean Mansion in Stillwater, MN. It’s a fantastic bed and breakfast. I took my wife there for her birthday and still hear how great it was to this day! http://www.annbeanmansion.com

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

No doubt, you’re going to love that sweetheart with the recoil guides!!!

Joel

bjlange
    Hugo, MN

I actually bought the LX-7 Saturday at Thorne bros. to make sure that I am one of the first ones to get it when they come into stock.

I have been waiting a long time for something new like this to come along. We have seen a lot of upgrades on sonars but this is the first time in a while something brand new with all the features the LX-7 has.

Also, since purchasing the unit from Thorne Bros. they let me use the discount they were giving people all day Saturday. So I got another 10% off, and by paying for it upfront I am guaranteed that I will be one of the first to receive it when they get their first shipment. This unit is amazing! I wouldn’t be suprised with all the hype on this unit, that they might become backordered and you may have to wait longer then end of October.

AWESOME!!!!

WALLEYE444

Post up how you like that lx7, once you get it! Thanks.

ChuckTritz

So, any word on the release date for the LX7?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.