Humminbird Helix Ice flasher question.

• traumatized
    eastern iowa

Anybody using one of these??? I really like the Humminbird electronics on my boat and think they make a reliable product. I think it would be great to have a built in GPS on my flasher. I’ve seen on-line reviews from great to terrible. Just wondering what everyone here thinks?? I have Navionics on my phone but really prefer not having to get it out all the time. They don’t give those away anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

So you’re more concerned about the GPS vs how the Helix actually works as a flasher unit? I’ve got the Helix 7 SI GPS that I use on the boat in the summer, just bought a transducer to use it on the hardwater this time of year. I’ve only used it once so far, but I was very impressed with the overall performance. Not as much of a lag time as I would have predicted with the LCD face. Unfortunately I’m not able to have my flasher view up with the GPS like the Helix Ice units are able to now. Can only imagine how useful that would be if you’ve got a mapping chip to go along with it.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

Anybody using one of these??? I really like the Humminbird electronics on my boat and think they make a reliable product. I think it would be great to have a built in GPS on my flasher. I’ve seen on-line reviews from great to terrible. Just wondering what everyone here thinks?? I have Navionics on my phone but really prefer not having to get it out all the time. They don’t give those away anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

So are u asking should u get a helix? If so yes you shpuld get one for the spot on GPS capability combined with awesome lakemaster mapping capability combined with the ability to have all summer and winter way points and tracks in one unit without out relying on a cell signal. Oh and the awesome hummingbird pc way point management program for your computer.
    I posted a thread on how I built a diy ice shuttle for my helix 7 di GPS g2. Should be on one of the first couple pages. “Let’s see your diy helix shuttle” or something like that.
    And the g2 units are software upgradeable so when used with the new 1521 ice chirp tranaducer, it has all the views and functionality as the ice units.

DonJulio800
    NULL

Just put together a case with the new ice ducer on my helix 7. It works great out on the ice. The new update makes the flasher mode come to life. Ran it next to my FX-28 up on Red Lake last week with great results. No interference at all. Got rid of the float and made my own swing arm, love it.

Attachments:
    1. AB0DEDDD-5E9E-4111-98FD-39DB0BF6D191.jpeg

2. 32A27794-0459-40CD-B186-591F75F6F0FA.jpeg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.