How to clean front storage locker

• Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Guys the front storage in my Alumacraft didn’t get dry enough for a few weeks and I have some mold growing in there. Any ideas? Can I just use Vinegar and Water?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They make stuff for mold. Find it at a hardware store or big box. Always pop your lids open then just leave a regular box fan blowing on low over the boat. It will dry them right out.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Had one compartment myself get that way, let dry out then vacced it and worked good enough.

munchy
    NULL

Whatever you use just be careful. I got sick a month or two ago and about an hour after cleaning some black mold from my boat. Felt like the flu with a bad cough and minus the vomit.

If I ever need to do it next time I will definitely be wearing a respirator and do everything outside.

djshannon
    Crosslake

The best household item to kill mold is bleach. I have used to a mix of half water and half bleach in a spray bottle to clean mold off house walls. Wear a 3M mask, spray liberally, use lots of paper towels to sop up the liquid, keep spraying and sopping until the towels come out clean, then rinse thoroughly with water.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.