How long will the snow stay?

• CaptainMusky

Im North of St Cloud and cannot believe how dark the clouds look to the SE.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just started rainsleethailsnowing in EP, haven’t seen this before, with a rolling thunder sound track.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

This is getting ridiculous. I have a long gravel driveway that is half mud right now. If it doesn’t set up and freeze before the snow it’s gonna be a gigantic mess tomorrow.

The only thing keeping me sane is I bought a boat this week and just hiding in the shop with a fire going and detailing it and making repairs/adjustments to everything

The_Bladepuller
    South end

It is official.
    THIS WINTER HAS SUCKED!
    THIS LAST SHOT IS JUST DUMB

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Last shot… have you seen the forecast for next Tuesday? 8-10″ inches for Mille Lacs

lindyrig79

Last shot… have you seen the forecast for next Tuesday? 8-10″ inches for Mille Lacs

You’ve got to be kidding

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Will be a 2023 year class of fish similiar to the 2013 year class that saved the lake. Ill take it!

hillhiker
    SE MN

This is getting ridiculous. I have a long gravel driveway that is half mud right now. If it doesn’t set up and freeze before the snow it’s gonna be a gigantic mess tomorrow.

The only thing keeping me sane is I bought a boat this week and just hiding in the shop with a fire going and detailing it and making repairs/adjustments to everything

Good night for working on the boat. Just got the new seat installed and updated the new trolling motor. Oil change is next and then I’ll be ready for the next nice day.

Attachments:
    1. 20230331_194528-scaled.jpg

Jimmy Jones

2.19″ at 8 tonight and still raining. Cascade Creek here in town is running fairly full right now. Cascade enters the Zumbro River just below the Broadway bridge where the Silver Lake dam is and the water in the river is really starting to rise now.

Thankfully much of the area’s snow had melted already so that in and of itself lessens the likelihood od severe flooding but this snow forecast is going to be a ridiculous wet one. Hopefully we do not see the totals they’ve been harping on. Lake Zumbro, 12 miles north of town, was just getting down to the release point for the no wake that’s been put on the lake for the last week. This new water will have the lake wayyyyy up again.

If points north where the snow pack was considerable yet are getting the rain totals I am seeing there is going to be some serious headaches for the Mississippi River valley, most assuredly.

Ripjiggen

whistling

Attachments:
    1. F1F197A2-29B6-4A40-A411-048051B93C9A-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

whistling

thats not very nice!!!!!! doah moon jester

snowing pretty good here now…..and its wet soggy stuff!!!!! doah

The_Bladepuller
    South end

If we get 8-10″ I have no idea where I will plow it to.
    It might be pack it down and let it melt.

Ripjiggen

I think I may not come home Glenn. Watching my ring door bell now while watching the waves crash. F that B.S.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m so confused!
    A wanna punch holes but I wanna float the new rig.

At the cabin this weekend and will punch some holes as I did not have much spare time to hit the hard water this season and the locals are hittin the 12″ers pretty good right now. Heck, There still making ice up here.
    but i am getting tired of this winter, especially for work.

LOL, I am heading to the keys on Easter and “hopefully” try to go catch a snook waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I think I may not come home Glenn. Watching my ring door bell now while watching the waves crash. F that B.S.

jester wouldnt blame ya!!!

EPG……. that with the new ambassador??????? coffee whistling

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Yep the flying dinosaurs are all over around my house. Saw the first one last week and now they are noisy as heck all day long.

The cranes were migrating through SW WI as I was ice fishing on 03/04/23. Noisy darn things even while they fly!

Jimmy Jones

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Yep the flying dinosaurs are all over around my house. Saw the first one last week and now they are noisy as heck all day long.

The cranes were migrating through SW WI as I was ice fishing on 03/04/23. Noisy darn things even while they fly!

Heard them again yesterday fishing. Hope they brought snowshoes.

LabDaddy1

That was ridiculous. Transformed the Troy bilt to a troy BUILT.

Reef W

The luck of getting light fluffy stuff is over and the Ryobi 40v has finally met its match this year. Should have rearranged vehicles, pickup being blocked in by car with 5″ ground clearance means I can’t just ignore it doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

same here the city has a 4 ft bank at the end of mt driveway. and its heavy wet crap to!!!!!!

lindyrig79

Happy April… I guess ?!? doah

Attachments:
    1. ED62DDDF-F9D0-40D7-9FA9-5C0CDEBD5F36-scaled.jpeg

Jimmy Jones

We didn’t have that much snow but it was WET! The city decided that they needed to plow the couple inches and rolled about 11-12″ of mostly slush laden snow across the curbing and onto the four sidewalks and drives I keep cleaned off. The shovel stayed in the garage and the blower took care of the crap.

The digital rain gauge read just a tad over 2.5″ at 10 last night and it was just beginning to snow then. Curious about the lake I mentioned, I check to see where it was at this morning, and it was up about three feet from yesterday. With all this high-water-content slush now and with today sunny and temps supposed to be in the mid-30’s, I’d expect the creek and river behind us to blossom and the lake to really get pumped up. With the lake up 3 feet already some of the shoreline properties will likely see some water. It’ll be a little longer before I can fish.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t know how much we got because the drifts. But I had 5 inches on my trucks, my side walks had 3 ft drifts and I driveway wasn’t horrible. I been clearing since 7 and just stopped. So that was a lame way to start the day. I’m over it

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think this winter has solidified my wishes to move to TX.

We got 7 or 8 inches and it broke my auger belt on my snowblower for the second time this winter.

CaptainMusky

I don’t know what time it was maybe 8 or so but I haven’t seen it snow that hard in years. Easily 2 inches an hour. We ended up with at least 5 of this concrete not sure how much rain.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This stuff is like concrete. My blower could move the stuff in the driveway, but not the syrup at the end that the plow left. The heck with it. If the mailman has an issue getting to the mailbox, oh well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Today I got to the point after my auger belt snapped, I was that guy that pushed the plow wake into the street. I just said EFF it. I’m not taking the time and effort to toss it up over the 10 ft mounds at the end of my driveway. It’s going to melt anyway. So sick of this crap. On the positive side, it’s pretty much all melted on the street already…..

ThunderLund78

I can believe what a dang beautiful day it is out there after last night. I have a South facing driveway and almost fell several times on my first trip down the driveway with the snowblower. There was a thin glaze of ice beneath the snow. But the sun had it melted by literally my next pass. Was in a hoodie, jeans and light hiking boots instead of my normal Ice Armour Suit and pack boots. And I was still sweating when I was finished.

lindyrig79

First time since I have lived at this over (over a decade) my John Deere x300 (with blower) could not get the job finished. There is so much mud and slush on my driveway there is nothing to bite into, even with chains. Kinda at a loss at the moment, I’m only about halfway done. Might just have to lock in 4×4 and say screw the rest. Although that will be ugly too for awhile it’s all north facing and shaded by trees.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

There is still some gas in the Toro which I run dry for seasonal storage. So I fired it up to clear the sidewalk and concrete pad.

I am invoking April snow rules for the gravel driveway … Let it melt.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.