House passes carbon-free energy requirement HF7

• FinnyDinDin

IDO is the dictionary definition of group think.

Says the guy who hasn’t shared any thoughts or opinions on the subject.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    IDO is the dictionary definition of group think.

Says the guy who hasn’t shared any thoughts or opinions on the subject.

I believe what I said is very much an opinion on the subject.

For every piece information shared on here refuting climates change and that the move to carbon free is bad, there is irrefutable evidence on the other side. Each side can twist and bend the facts for their own narrative.

I am supportive of a move towards sustainable energy. I am pragmatic enough to know that not all of these moves are perfect nor that everyone’s intentions are good. However, progress needs to be made just like it always has been. Energy is the next true area of innovation we need and long term will benefit all of us.

So, hope that’s good enough for you even if you disagree my stance.

FinnyDinDin

The climate is changing just like it has been since long before man was here. MN once had giant lizards roaming around in a jungle like environment, was once covered in an ice berg and was once covered by an ocean. Believe it or not humans weren’t to blame. Remember them telling us an ice age was coming back in the 70’s and 80’s? Whatever happened to that?

Humans think we are a lot more important to this earth than we really are. We are a small speck in the life of this planet. Thinking we are responsible for a climate that has always been changing long before us is ignorance. Pretending like we can do anything to stop it is simply foolish.

I’m all for changes that help our environment. Wind and solar energy are not the solution.

Funny how all the politicians reference the science but they only listen to the science that supports their agenda. Does that remind anyone of something else from recent history? Trust the science, but only our science!!! We should know better.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Funny how all the politicians reference the science but they only listen to the science that supports their agenda. Does that remind anyone of something else from recent history? Trust the science, but only our science!!! We should know better.

Lol. The science that “supports their agenda” has been around since the 60s. It’s been saying the same thing for almost 60 years.

It’s ok to say you don’t believe in science. Just don’t try to use science to prove your point because you clearly don’t understand it.

FinnyDinDin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Frederick wrote:</div>

Lol. The science that “supports their agenda” has been around since the 60s. It’s been saying the same thing for almost 60 years.

It’s ok to say you don’t believe in science. Just don’t try to use science to prove your point because you clearly don’t understand it.

You do realize there are lots of scientists that do not believe humans are causing climate change right? There is no doubt it’s changing like it has always been but it being tied to human activities is not conclusive in the scientific community.

Do I not believe in science if I believe them?

You pretty much summed up my point for me so thanks bigdill.

CaptainMusky

You do realize there are lots of scientists that do not believe humans are causing climate change right? There is no doubt it’s changing like it has always been but it being tied to human activities is not conclusive in the scientific community.

Nailed it. We weren’t responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs. We weren’t responsible for the glaciers clearing out of our landscape. All these things happened without our doing. All those crying about sea levels rising neglect the fact that the majority of the temp sensors they reference are in metro heat islands. If you look at the much more accurate temp sensors on buoys in the ocean there is little change. There was just two articles about polar bears. One stating they are in dramatic decline and the other stating they are at very high levels so which is it?

blackbay
    mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blackbay wrote:</div>
    Get rid of lead tackle to save the loons and eagles so we can kill them with windmills.

The lead tackle bill has nothing to with eagles. Literally nothing. They are birds of prey and their population has never been higher. They do not ingest lead at the bottom of a lake like a loon does.

The point is the hypocrites talk out of their rear ends saying they are saving the (fill in the blank) and then they do things that will do exactly the opposite. They also adamantly oppose mining in the US only to be fine with 10 times the pollution to occur in poverty stricken countries with slave/child labor.

It was brought up about who benefits from the forced move to “green energy”. Well why do you think that Bill Gates and his ilk are buying up so much property. Guaranteed there will be solar and wind mills covering those properties. Nothing like forcing people to buy something and low and behold you are the only source for it.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Frederick wrote:</div>

Nailed it. We weren’t responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs. We weren’t responsible for the glaciers clearing out of ur landscape. All these things happened without out doing. All those crying about sea levels rising neglect the fact that the majority of the temp sensors they reference are in metro heat islands. If you look at the muchore accurate temp sensors on buoys in the ocean there is little change. There was just two articles about polar bears. One stating they are in dramatic decline and the other stating they are at very high levels so which is it?

Nailed what? That he doesn’t believe in science. That saying “lots” of scientists don’t believe in climate change is a valid argument? It’s a patently false statement when it’s well documented over 97% of global climatologists can prove humans impact climate change.

There are 8 billion of us…how can we not impact climate change? Go to other places in the world and see the impact yourself. I’ve been to third world countries where the river are so full of plastic you can’t see the water. I’ve spent a bunch of time in China when the smog is so bad you can’t see across the street and you can’t go outside.

Argue about the right course to fix it all you want…but don’t deny we don’t play a major role in climate change.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t disagree with anything you stated Blackbay. I was simply pointing out the fact that eagle lead ingestion is clearly not from picking up discarded or lost fishing tackle off the bottom like a loon.

On the subject of this specific bill, I do not think we can get there solely based on wind and solar power, especially here in MN. I’m hopeful that this new found nuclear fusion energy source is the real deal and we can harness it to power the electrical grid down the road. Continuing to just burn fossil fuels forever isn’t the answer either. We’ve made changes in outboard and auger use in recent years, going to 4-strokes and battery power powered augers, so we’ll get there.

Democrats won an election and now they control both chambers, plus the governors office. Not really surprising that they’re pushing through with their agenda.

FinnyDinDin

I never said scientists don’t believe in climate change.

Yes, there are lots of scientists that don’t believe climate change is a direct cause from humans.

‘You don’t believe in science if you don’t believe my science!’ Textbook. applause lol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Way too civil coffee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Maybe some one should make a graph ? That seemed to prove nothing last time everyone argued science. rotflol

CaptainMusky

There are 8 billion of us…how can we not impact climate change? Go to other places in the world and see the impact yourself. I’ve been to third world countries where the river are so full of plastic you can’t see the water. I’ve spent a bunch of time in China when the smog is so bad you can’t see across the street and you can’t go outside.

Argue about the right course to fix it all you want…but don’t deny we don’t play a major role in climate change.

Neither of your examples are climate change. Pollution yes, but climate change no.

Brittman

Population control in impoverished regions could have a significant impact on regional pollution and possibly beyond. Population control used to be a major topic of discussion, but apparently no longer. Why is that ?

I will focus on comments for outside the USA. I have seen Sao Paulo, Mexico City, and many parts of China (that they let me see). I personally have not seen India or Africa, but can only assume those areas are even worse. Perpetual poverty. Worrying about climate impacts or even trash … don’t think so.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. Thanks Mike.

Umy
    South Metro

Again, UNFORTUNATELY I have this problem.

I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you –
    Nietzsche – 19th century philosopher and poet

ANYONE who watches ANY news should know that the standards for the current administration are different than for anyone else.

NOTHING coming out of this admin is believable to me except that they personify man’s greed, self-indulgence, hypocrisy and arrogance.

We have lots of big troubles in this world but THIS country is in the forefront trying to solve them. Let’s take care of our own for awhile first. We’ll need more doctors to treat the US soldiers who are going to be shot by their own weapons here pretty soon.
    We are doing our part.
    Let’s focus on getting OUR house in order huh?

Iowaboy1

LOL!!
    What they failed to mention was that the ozone layer, it not only protects our planet from radiation and other nastys out there is that it acts like the top hole on a hot air balloon, when pollution from whatever source is great enough the hole in the ozone layer opens up and allows it to go out into space.
    When levels come down, the hole in the ozone closes up.

Prove to me that man had any impact on the ice sheet that was a mile thick over Iowa.
    Prove to me that the north pole WAS NOT a lush environment at one time in earths history.
    Prove to me that the volcanos that once ran rampant across many continents did not pollute more than man has since his first footsteps here.
    Prove to me there is NOT an agenda behind science that goes against the history written in rocks around the world.

FOLLOW the damn money!!!

I just recently watched a documentary on a lake in Canada or Alaska, on a calm day a pilot noticed a small lake had a lot of disturbance on its surface.
    He and others hiked in to find that it was methane bubbles causing the disturbance and at a very high rate of release.
    It was found that the permafrost had a crack in it allowing the gas to come to the surface, that gas had been trapped below the frost for eons.
    Now they are screaming doom and gloom that the methane is going to cause a severe rise in temps world wide and what to do about it.
    I say before we die in hellish inferno lets build a dome over that lake, compress the methane and use it like we do LPG or natural gas.
    You can cook with it, heat with it, run about any engine we have designed on it, etc.

I will bet money that if this earth has a thought process, it is grieving that it has put up with mans stupidity over something we cannot control.

duh queen

Matt Moen writes

“Nailed what? That he doesn’t believe in science. That saying “lots” of scientists don’t believe in climate change is a valid argument? It’s a patently false statement when it’s well documented over 97% of global climatologists can prove humans impact climate change. ”

If IDO is the dictionary definition of group think, the climate change agenda is group think’s echo chamber and megaphone.

Matt, Are you familiar with Australian John Cook, lead author of the 97% consensus meme? He’s a cartoonist without scientific training who scanned studies that pertained to global warming and determined, alone, in a most unscientific fashion, that 97% of scientists agree that man is responsible for climate change. This was in opposition to nearly half of those authors, claiming Cook doesn’t know what he’s talking about. So, some cartoonist, lacking a sound science background, presumes to know more about the topics studied than the scientists who spend years, if not decades studying and compiling the data? BUT HE’S THE SCIENTIST AND FINAL WORD ON CLIMATE CHANGE CONSENSUS? PULEEZE!
    Don’t take my word for it. Look it up yourself. Google “John Cook” “climate” and “consensus”, and read about the man who would be climate king.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

Dont worry gentlemen we have found out who will glady live in a pod, eat ze bugz, and own nothing and be happy. Its for the betterment of the world…. i mean its either that or the M.A.I.D.S program for them. We should either celebrate their sacrifice or laugh in pity. toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If we are worried about global warming then we should be worried mn passed license for every one.

Now every illegal in the state will be legally behind the wheel. That can’t help our planet and the ozone. Or maybe it will if they only operate electric vehicles

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If we are worried about global warming then we should be worried mn passed license for every one.

Not every illegal in the state will be legally behind the wheel.

I just now read about this on MPR.

My first thought was why does an illegal immigrant need a DL? If they’re here illegally, shouldn’t they be deported? Maybe they’re waiting for an immigration hearing or an asylum hearing? I don’t know. Lord knows there’s a backlog in our immigration system right now.

My second notion was that there is going to be voter fraud. Well as it turns out, the Secretary of State already has a system in place to prevent this from happening and anyone who is not a citizen that registers to vote can face punishment, up to and including a felony.

Lastly, are there other states already doing this? Yes, there are. 18 other states and DC are already doing it. Whether its working, may be subject to debate.

The article I read is here.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/01/30/all-minnesotans-deserve-this-mn-house-passes-drivers-license-bill

CaptainMusky

I dont show any sort of ID when I vote and never have. It really irks me. Now they have iPads and you just type in the first few letters of your last name and touch the one that is you and it prints out your ticket to get a ballot.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Slowly but surely, one way or another, they are going to allow as many illegals as it take to keep their Ponzi scheme or whatever agenda going. They continue to condition our society that its no big deal and its working. Propaganda is a bit%#

duh queen

WE ARE SO SCREWED!
    Maybe I should move to Australia. At least there they have real kangaroos to staff their courts. Or maybe Nicaragua, where everything in that banana republic grows on trees.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure about you Dee, but I’d much rather live in Australia than Nicaragua. LOL

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

I dont show any sort of ID when I vote and never have. It really irks me. Now they have iPads and you just type in the first few letters of your last name and touch the one that is you and it prints out your ticket to get a ballot.

Heck we didnt even have that in rosemount. Walked in gave em a name got a ballot and voted. Now how hard would it be to go check someones mail for a name and address and fake it. Not hard at all

WE ARE SO SCREWED!
    Maybe I should move to Australia. At least there they have real kangaroos to staff their courts. Or maybe Nicaragua, where everything in that banana republic grows on trees.

Whats that qoute from lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

As long as we can supply them with a hybrid car after a license then we will be OK

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

Not sure about you Dee, but I’d much rather live in Australia than Nicaragua. LOL

I dont know man you go to austrailia and they lock you up in a con…. “covid camp” with the sniffles.” Even china be like WHOA we just weld them in their homes

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

As long as we can supply them with a hybrid car after a license then we will be OK

Please dont give them any ideas, please smash

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.