Second echo

• Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

My 1198 shows second echo on my bow mount. It doubles the depth. The sensitivity is all the way down. Any ideas?

kris_brantner
    My river

Hard bottom will give you double and triple echos

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I run into this from time to time with my Lowrance. So, how do you prevent it fom happening?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

My 1198 shows second echo on my bow mount. It doubles the depth. The sensitivity is all the way down. Any ideas?

My humminbird on the bow does this as well and it doesn’t matter if I’m in deep/shallow or the type of bottom I’m over. The only thing I’ve found that can make it return to an appropriate depth range and to display a single echo is to set a manual depth range slightly deeper than the depth being fished. Once I do that the unit will slowly figure out the depth the boat is in and display correctly. It isn’t a good fix but it is the only thing I’ve found that will get my bird at the bow back on track once it happens.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Thanks I had a lowrance on the bow in the last boat no issues. I love the birds. Though. Had one in the console last boat to. Also. Wish the temp wouldn’t go away when on spot lock. That needs to be fixed. I set the display but it changes when I use spot lock. Seem stupid you set the window for them to just go to different when on spot lock.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.