Chippewa Flowage Walleye Report for may 25

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Yesterday Guided out on the chip out of Treelands Resort. in the morning we fished weeds most of the morning. Right away I caught about a 15-16 inch walleye on a jig and minnow in about 8 feet of water in weeds, the fish grabbed the jig and took off right away, so I figured there had to be more fish there, so I rigged up slip bobbers with leeches, and literally when I castedit out and set the rod down, there was a fish on it, it was another about 15-16 incher, then rigged up and casted it out again, and same thing, I set the rod down and a fish was on it again, that one was about a 22 inch walleye. then it was over for the morning. It got hot out and the fishing was tough. We went back out in the evening, client got a 34 inch pike, which was really nice, and then at dark we got two more walleye about 15 inches, jigging in weeds in again about 8 feet of water. Fishing was a bit tougher for me in the heat today. It will start cooling off tomorrow again with highs in the mid 70’s which is more normal, hopefully fishing will get better then.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

i will b on my way up friday morning how bad is hwy 53..

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

sorry don’t know anything about 53.

Tanner

taz
    Frederic wi

53 is not in to bad of shape. it is down to single lane for about 15 to 20 miles starts around the Barron area and end about 5 miles north of rice lake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.