Gas vent replacement on Lund Explorer

• steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

I have a 2000 Lund 1650 Explorer. I’ve sheared off the gas vent on the side of the boat. I’ve searched the web for info on what I need for replacement parts to no avail. Anyone on here know what part # I need or a place I could look? It looks like I need to replace the whole unit as it’s been sheared off flush to the boat.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ll bet you only need the outside clip on cap, quick and easy, low cost from a boat shop anywhere, and no hassle.

DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

I just had to replace one on my 2000 Lund Fisherman. Somehow the cap had broken off flush. My boat has 2 vents. Using the same web site that Denny O provided, look at part number 911526-1. Should be an easy fix.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

I’ll bet you only need the outside clip on cap, quick and easy, low cost from a boat shop anywhere, and no hassle.

I sheared off the whole vent flush with the boat. It looks like I need to replace the whole unit not just the cap. Thanks for the link!

DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

That sounds very similar to what mine had done. Hard to describe the parts without knowing the correct terminology. Basically my vent had broke off flush with the boat. The threads from the portion that cap attaches to were still in the valve inside the boat. I was able to screw out the old threaded portion. All I had to do then was screw in the new part with the cap. The part was sent UPS from a marine supply outlet vendor in Ankeny. Don’t know the name. Supposedly only sells to businesses. I’m assuming you’re from Des Moines. Should be able to go to any boat place in the area and probably find your part. Bright wells, Bass Pro, or Dave’s Marine are a few I would check with. Good Luck

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

That sounds very similar to what mine had done. Hard to describe the parts without knowing the correct terminology. Basically my vent had broke off flush with the boat. The threads from the portion that cap attaches to were still in the valve inside the boat. I was able to screw out the old threaded portion. All I had to do then was screw in the new part with the cap. The part was sent UPS from a marine supply outlet vendor in Ankeny. Don’t know the name. Supposedly only sells to businesses. I’m assuming you’re from Des Moines. Should be able to go to any boat place in the area and probably find your part. Bright wells, Bass Pro, or Dave’s Marine are a few I would check with. Good Luck

Thanks, I’ve actually been in that warehouse. I work in video production and we had a shoot in there a couple of years ago. They’re strictly distribution.

What did you use to unscrew the broken off vent? I didn’t see anything I could get a wrench on.

DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

I was able to use a larger blade pocket knife. I wedged it into the broken piece and backed it out slowly. I then was able to screw in the new piece.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

I got the broken vent cover unscrewed. I took the screws out of the metal housing that the gas line attaches to. This allowed me to unscrew the pipe clamps and lift off the whole unit exposing the 90° vent. I was able to get a small vice grip on the broken piece and hold the 90° with my hand and unscrew it. I’ll head to Dave’s Marine tomorrow and get a couple of those threaded vent caps so next time I have hard landing I’ll have a spare. Now to get the engine running right. That’s another thread that I’ve started on here but the end is in sight… I hope. Thanks all for the reply’s, this site is great!

DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

Good deal, totally agree that this site is a great source of help and info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.