Rainy Lake Resorts – Minnesota

• 2Fishy4U

Can anyone recommend a resort to stay at on the Minnesota side of Rainy Lake. The family, including dogs, spent the last few years at Island View with mixed feelings and my kids want to try a different one. The only name that has come up so far is Sha-Sha resort, so if anyone knows anything about Sha-Sha or other resorts would appreciate the feedback.

dead-weight
    prescot wi

sha-sha resort I think is in the prosess of building a new resort, I think they burned down last summer

col._klink
    St Paul

I have stayed here http://www.gotorainylake.com/ a few times and really like the place!

Rooms are clean and the food and company is always great. Plus your in the heart of good fishing on Rainy. The first time I stayed here I was checking to see if my cranks were running true off the dock. I lost 3 to some huge Pike I just laughed…………….

2Fishy4U

Yep, the same place we have stayed at for the last few years, but my son kinda thinks the guy that runs the place is an idiot, and I frankly don’t disagree. Nonetheless my choice for 1007 was Island View, but the kids are looking at Sha-Sha.

I noted your comments about the Pike because the kid caught 2 over 40 inches last year, both released, and one the year before at about 42 which is mounted. A fun lake to fish.

2Fishy4U

Agree, unfortunately the rest of the family doesn’t.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Going from I Falls east on Hwy. 11:

Woody’s – lots of people have heard of Woody’s Fairly Reliable Guide Service.

Birch Point Camp. I know the guy personally but don’t know much about the cabins.

Camp Idlewood. They run a very good family friendly operation. If you go to their website you’ll see they are full in June, July and August though – mostly repeat business. That speaks for itself.

Northernaire Houseboats.

The Thunderbird – across the bay from Rainy Lake Houseboats.

Island View Resort – mentioned in other posts.

Sha-Sha – the lodge (none of the cabins) was burned to the ground but they are rebuilding a new one as I write this and would guess it’s scheduled to be done by opener.

I can PM you phone numbers for any of these and can also recommend guides if interested.

I also have a friend who rents a cabin also with a private dock.

In May and June from Sha Sha west is good. July and August I would recommend east of Sha Sha. The Canadian side doesn’t receive near the pressure as this side and is good all the time. You will need an RABC (remote access border crossing) permit to boat across and to return, either an I-68, which is the US version of the RABC, or report in at the Outlying Area Reporting Station at the Bohman Public Access.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

We had a nice stay on a guys trip at Thunderbird 2 years ago. I think that there was 6 of us.

No complaints

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

Can anyone recommend a resort to stay at on the Minnesota side of Rainy Lake. The family, including dogs, spent the last few years at Island View with mixed feelings and my kids want to try a different one. The only name that has come up so far is Sha-Sha resort, so if anyone knows anything about Sha-Sha or other resorts would appreciate the feedback.

If you wish to visit a good resort for your vacation with kids and pets, then you should surely check out the resorts in dallas, texas. Texas has the best lake resorts and they are reasonable as well as kids would love them because they have a lot of water activities as well as fun activities for younger ones.

A shameless plug for the Walleye fishing in Dallas, Texas? LOL!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now there’s a unique marketing plan!

arklite881south

Quote:

Now there’s a unique marketing plan!

LOL!!

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you wish to visit a good resort for your vacation with kids and pets, then you should surely check out the resorts in dallas, texas. Texas has the best lake resorts and they are reasonable as well as kids would love them because they have a lot of water activities as well as fun activities for younger ones.

A shameless plug for the Walleye fishing in Dallas, Texas? LOL!!

Somebody needs a globe. That commute from the resort to Rainy Lake each morning is going to be a killer.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Funny how somebody would go all the way back to 2007 and make that reply nearly 6 years later. But, it does prove several theories in regard to the Internet I suppose

arklite881south

Quote:

Funny how somebody would go all the way back to 2007 and make that reply nearly 6 years later. But, it does prove several theories in regard to the Internet I suppose

Or mental instability

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I’ve stayed at Thunderbird a few times and had a blast. The cabins are older, but clean. My wife even likes it there…When did sha sha burn????

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

This is what happens when you’re on Ido using your phone instead of a computer everything is too small. I need to read a bit closer before I post. My bad…just read the dates.

arklite881south

LOL!! Hopefully your not filling a cavity at the same time.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I stopped texting while filling teeth..now if I could get myself to stop drinking in between patients, I’d really be getting somewhere

arklite881south

Quote:

I stopped texting while filling teeth..now if I could get myself to stop drinking in between patients, I’d really be getting somewhere

LOL!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.