Rainy Lake BEAST BASH!!

• arklite881south

Well our Texas Tornado boys were up again yesterday seeking the Toothy Critters that haunt cool early season waters of Rainy Lake. Last year both men CPR’d personal bests at 39.5 and 43 inches. Both of those fish are now proud replication mounts on their office walls.

Frankly it’s a tall task to attempt to top trophy caliber Catches year in and year out when you’ve got a singular 8 hour period to do so. Yesterday we landed an estimated 70 Pike!! Triples on multiple occassions with doubles nearly commonplace. While half of these fish were smaller Jacks……….”SLAP JACKS”; The other half of the catch nearly sent the Texas Team home with Rotary Cuff tears!!

37,39,41.5,41.75 and 42 inches slime up “Partner-N-Slime” in a mere 8 hour shift of “Hucking Baits”.

All trophy caliber fish effectively CPR’d with help of our Big Kahuna net, and the 50 inch livewell in our Skeeter WX2190. I like to throw fresh water on big fish to allow the fish to regain strength if needed for safe returns.

The fish simply were SMASHING baits, while we as mere mortal anglers were found fearing the next wrist snapping strike!! Our biggest fish for the day measuring 42 inches made a complete out of water Dolphin jump!! 3 Grown men screamed like a class of teenage school girls at the show!!

It’s why we do what we do!! OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

Frankly I stretched the truth a bit. At 2PM…..5.5 hours into the trip the boys tapped out and said “Granrud this is the best fishing we’ve ever seen or heard of and we are flat out WORE DOWN!! We’re ready to call it a day!!”.

Sorry about the 8 hour stretching of the facts.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Nice Gators!

chirp
    Rochester

Great day on the water. Those are some awesome gators. Great pictures.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

love the verbage “Partner in Slime”. Can’t wait to use it!
    Way to show the Texan’s a Big Time.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go Chris!

arklite881south

Quote:

Great day on the water. Those are some awesome gators. Great pictures.

Thanks bud!! Makes a guide smile when customers leave with sore arms.

arklite881south

Quote:

love the verbage “Partner in Slime”. Can’t wait to use it!
    Way to show the Texan’s a Big Time.

Thanks!! It’s our name for the new WX2190 guide boat. LOL!! Thought it might be fitting!!

arklite881south

Quote:

Way to go Chris!

Thanks!! Credit goes to those two for lacing them up. Trust me on Medium light spinning gear……..It’s a BATTLE!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Awesome Chris! 5 1/2 hours what alot of people won’t see in a lifetime

arklite881south

Quote:

Awesome Chris! 5 1/2 hours what alot of people won’t see in a lifetime

Thanks!! Truly feel blessed to need a shoulder massage at the end of the day from lifting Pike out of the net. I’ve been guiding for 7 years full time now and frankly after nearly 700 trips…..I can’t wait until tomorrow morning as I’m up crimping a new stash of leaders!! LOL!! Life has been good to me, and I’m so happy to share great days like this with so many fisherman with similiar passions.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Chris,

I know that you and your clients set the bar high for your fish BUT I think that the twenty five foot tape measure is reaching a bit, don’t you?

GREAT FISH

Ron

arklite881south

Quote:

Chris,

I know that you and your clients set the bar high for your fish BUT I think that the twenty five foot tape measure is reaching a bit, don’t you?

GREAT FISH

Ron

LOL!! New boat and don’t have the sticker ruler on board yet.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Awesome fish, but as an avid muskie fisherman, those Texas boys need to support the midsection on the pike on those vertical pictures. Thenextbite.com(pete maina’s site)won’t allow pics like that to be posted because of the damage it can cause to big fish…for what it’s worth

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Awesome Awesome pics..You handle those monsters without gloves? No cuts?

arklite881south

Quote:

Awesome Awesome pics..You handle those monsters without gloves? No cuts?

Thanks man!! Very happy for those boys. Yeah no gloves. I’m pretty careful with a side of luck. We get a lot of practice with big Pike. My guess would be we’ll land somewhere in the neighborhood of 65-80 pike exceeding 10lbs a season.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.