Jamaica Deep Sea Fishing

• mule170
    Bemidji

This is our annual pre-Christmas trip to Jamaica. 25 pound Mahi Mahi and 225 pound Black Marlin. Also lost a very large Yellow Tuna at the boat. Great day of fishing, warm weather and 10 foot seas.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Cool… thanks for sharing. My wife and I have been down a couple times for special vacations. Always wanted to do that, just was a little cash strapped after footing the bill for the all-inclusive stays. While diving… I couldn’t stop thinking of having a fishing pole in hand when I got to the surface.

mule170
    Bemidji

The marlin was awesome. It took just under an hour to get him in the boat. I have never been so tired, sore and excited at the same time. It was amzing that the fish was running away from the boat at over 25 mph and would strip 250 yards of line every time he ran. I wish I could have got video when he would launch 10 feet out of the water. The mahi mahi was insane to, he took about 15 minutes to get in. Ive never had to beat a fish to death with a bat, but thats how they do it here.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Awesome! Those mahi mahi are such awesomely colored fish! My wife got this one on our honeymoon a few years back.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Only in Jamaica would they let you keep a Marlin.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Awesome! Those mahi mahi are such awesomely colored fish! My wife got this one on our honeymoon a few years back.

Not to mention it’s the BEST tasting salt water species out there, hands down. I make it a point to order Mahi Mahi anywhere I can get it fresh.

mule170
    Bemidji

We actually didnt want to keep the marlin, but the captain keeps it and sells it at the fish market.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.