open carry

• Don Hanson

Glad to see I am not the only one exercising this right.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This would have been a “non-issue” if Mr. Doyle would have signed the concealed carry bill into law that last two times it was in front of him.

I still get a kick out of his 5 armed (concealed) body guards.

I trust next year at this time, it’s going to be a non issue anyway. Until then…..<sigh>

More on the West Allis WI Police Dept at IdoHunting.com

Link<<

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m a C&C person but do not and will not support open carry in busy public areas and cities. It has proven to cause too much trouble. It scares the vast majority of people around you. Maybe too much too soon. Either way if you keep pushing that button they will outlaw it. And look at the people that do it. They are just show boating. I’d go so far to say they are just seeking attention. No serious inteligent well rounded person is going to want everyone to know he’s carrying or alarm those around him. The only time I think it prudent to open carry is urban settings and hunting.

kroger3
    blaine mn

People like these even though they did nothing wrong give a bad reputation to all the people that carry. Don’t get me wrong I do carry 99% of the time and majority of it is open carry. But use a little common sense! Its already a touchy subject to a lot of people.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

They are just show boating.

Clearly. They knew they were going to have trouble as they were wired.

I don’t support it either. But it’s the only way to legally carry in WI.

Question. If MN changed to open carry only, what would you do?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Can you not conceal your weapon at all in Wisconsin??? I know Minnesota is permit to carry and not conceal and carry….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

According to Pierce County “technically” one can not conceal a weapon in your own home.

Concealed carry is not lawful in the state of WI.

However OPEN carry is. (not in a vehicle)

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I know Minnesota is permit to carry and not conceal and carry….

We are probably saying the same thing, but better stated:

In Minnesota, it is a permit to carry law. You can carry open or concealed with your license.

-J.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Correct

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Showboating???

Uh huh…give me a break.

Al

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think it is kind of goofy to have it out in the open. What is the purpose. Especially if you have it for protection, you are basically saying, “If you want to harm me, shoot me from a distance when I am not looking and least expect it”. Or, “Here is where my gun is, keep me from getting at it or steal it and you win”. Doesn’t letting them know where it is and that you have one give someone an advantage?

And no I am not against carry permits. But I am still waiting to get shot, especially at a bar because before it got passed that is what all the anti’s said would happen.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I think it is kind of goofy to have it out in the open. What is the purpose. Especially if you have it for protection, you are basically saying, “If you want to harm me, shoot me from a distance when I am not looking and least expect it”. Or, “Here is where my gun is, keep me from getting at it or steal it and you win”. Doesn’t letting them know where it is and that you have one give someone an advantage?

That is the concept they teach in the Minneosta class.

Quote:

And no I am not against carry permits. But I am still waiting to get shot, especially at a bar because before it got passed that is what all the anti’s said would happen.

…..and at every traffic jam.

-J.

kroger3
    blaine mn

No matter where you go there will always be people with no commonsense so as long as there’s that we get to keep reading about it!!! In Minnesota they also said the revoking the permit to carry will greatly reduce the murders in Minneapolis. Kind of funny that of all the murders in recent years were by people without permits other then one that was self defense recently and no charges were filed.

Don Hanson

The purpose is, we can’t conceal it in WI. Gov. Doyle stated that if people want to carry a gun, let them wear it on their hip.
    It scares the general public? Too frickin bad! You give the general public too much credit. I open carry and most people don’t even see it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

To conceal it?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

To conceal it?

Yes. You have an advantage over an attacker by keeping your gun concealed.

-J.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

ought so, just thought I would clarify. Sometimes I miss read things that aren’t typed in simple sentences and little words.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Is it legal for police to check your ID to see if your a felon ??? Do you not have to do something, for them to confront you ??? Can a paranoid woman, get you checked for felon status because she doesn’t like how you dress or accessorize ??? Seems WI would be better off having these things tucked away, like we do in MN… I look around in a bar and wonder to myself “who’s packing ?” I only pray those that do, have the proper training and demeanor. I have thought about it many times (almost pulled the trigger, so to speak, on the last conceal carry class that was offered) someday I think I will It’s nice to have the right

big G

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m all for open carry, I’m glad people do it, too often rights not exercised are lost.

Than being said I don’t, and 99% of the time purposely wouldn’t, but I do wish it was more accepted by the sheeple, in fact I’d much rather carry OWB and be comfortable, and not worry about someone calling the police or being abused by the police because I chose to wear the gun OWB and someone happened to catch a glance of it.

Overall both the wife and I carry quite a bit, generally speaking, only one of us carries at a time, and I think we’re pretty much on the same page, concerned about showing, but not terribly concerned about being made.

That in part is the beauty of MN permit to carry law, it’s well written and unlike some states where conceal is mandated, accidentaly being made could lead to charges.

I also believe there are proper times and places to open carry, and well within anyone’s (with a permit) rights to do so. I like the open carry picnics the local people put together, Full family’s out enjoying the city parks, grilling meat, and having a good time, lets the sheep know that good honest law abiding wholesome family’s carry guns too.

Then again if WI actually had a permit law…. Those guys would’ve (probably) legally needed to provide their ID’s and permits, by the request of and officer of the law, as we do in MN. I actually see this event as more of a push to get the gun rights sorted out in WI.

Spent a weekend in Nebraska this last weekend, MN permit is honored in NE, but we left it at home, because you really do need to be well versed in NE’s law to know where you can and can’t go, MN is much easier and much cleared.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.