Over-hyped?…………………………..NBA

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

This whole LeBron James thing is really getting out of control. Now he has convinced ESPN to air a one hour special on which team he selects.

The devote ESPN viewers have had it pretty tough the last couple of months. Dealing with James and the World Cup which I think most people could care less about. Thankfully both are about to end!

I guess we should be thankful that the Wolves and Kahn are to inept to get involved in the free agent stuff. Hey, maybe Kahn plans to transfer Whalen from the Lynx to the Wolves to sell tickets.

BTW, how many titles has James won to earn this payday?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I try to keep up with baseball a little bit this time of year and ESPN has given that sport the back seat to these others. I guess that’s why I haven’t watched that channel for 3+ weeks now.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I don’t pay much attention to the NBA anymore but did hear on ESPN that James has asked ESPN to donate the ad money from his press conference tomorrow to the “Boys and Girls Clubs of America”.
    On the surface he seems to be a superstar you can stand to get behind.

But just think if Bosch, Wade, and James all end up on the same team, will the NBA be worth watching at all? The interesting point to me is that about a month ago, all of the top flight free agents this year had a meeting, to determine how this was all going to go down.
    What’s amazing to me is that this league is now controlled, not by the owners, but by the players.

ET

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hey..did you guys hear re-runs of Curb your Enthusiasm are now on TV Guide Network Channel 237 for you DirectTv’ers

big G

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Pretty sweet the money is going to the Boys n’ Girls club.

I’d assume LB is staying in Cleveland and D’Wade in Miami.

dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

Quote:

Pretty sweet the money is going to the Boys n’ Girls club.

I’d assume LB is staying in Cleveland and D’Wade in Miami.

yeah. thats what i think too. I think Bosh will go to Miami with Wade and another big name will go to Cleveland with Lebron

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

Seriously?

WHO CARES

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

The best thing about the NBA is the season.

ICE FISHING season that is

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I think Lebron is approaching Farve status as a drama queen… The big difference is that Farve had already been a 3-time MVP and world champion before he started begging for so much attention.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

NBA…

Over-hyped and boring.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

is basketball even a sport? its about as much enjoyment as watching soccer…

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Off to Miami goes LeBron. That team will be very very stacked next year, they had better win… It was very over-hyped and drew too much attention. What is sad is how people are bashing on LeBron for his choice and others are saying LeBron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami is taking the easy way to a championship. Well, what did the Celtics do not to long ago…

Ok, whew, I already wasted to much brain wattage on the NBA for a year…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yeah, I hate the NBA as much as the next guy but after spending 6 hours in the car today and not being able to get away from the James thing on the radio,, I HAD to watch it. ESPN and the rest did a great job of “hyping” it.

Oh well, Here’s a 5 year dynasty.

Brian Hoffies

Well, now the aftermath is all over Mike and Mike this morning. Colin Cowherd will also pound it to death as ESPN starts the ball with Mike and Mike and all the shows follow the same line.

Best case senerio for me……….injuries hit the Heat and zero titles are won. LeBron goes down as just another Jordan wannabe without the titles.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Best case scenario is that this hype will now die off! Just in time for the Favre soap opera!

Did you see the Wolves got Beasley out of the deal!

ET

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I didn’t know it at the time, but back when I payed attention to the NBA with Bird, Magic, Erving, Malone, Jordan, Barkley, Drexler, Karl Malone, etc. I was watching really classy guys…… OK! Classy compared to the Gangstas with athletic skills that occupy the NBA today.

I watched about 5 minutes of the NBA game 7 championship and had to turn it off. Do you have to decapitate a guy to get a foul called these days?

dd

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

I just saved a Bunch of money on my car insurance!!

Brian Hoffies

Beasley will really, really make them good! Might as well sign McHale to PLAY, he would be much better.
    Kahn is tying his legacy and job to Rubio. He should have lunch with Chilly and see how thats working for him with T-Jack.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

That the best you can do today?

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

I thought you had a mudmotor? Oh! That’s right you don’t tell people about that.

dd

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.