Transducer repair help needed

• bluewing
    North Iowa

Went to the garage to check on boat and accidentally bumped into the transducer on the transom and the plastic on the tranducer broke off the metal bracket. Any sugguestions on what type of materials to repair the plastic transducer bracket? Man does plastic break easily in this cold weather. Any suggestions or experience with this would be appreciated.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’d have to believe two part epoxy would hold fine. Sand and rough up the plastic pieces to help the epoxy to get a good bite on the surfaces.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

I second the epoxy. BUT, you need to make sure the surfaces are roughened-up as Ellis said and most importantly, make sure the materials and surrounding air temp is at least 55 degrees. Keep it at that temp for at least 24 hours. Anything below that and the epoxy will not properly cure. (I work with the stuff on the side and have learned the hard way)
    Don

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

All of the above but also make SURE it is an epoxy for plastic and its marine grade. I actually just picked some up at menards so I know they have it. Others im sure have it also.

masters
    oregon il

Also you can use gorilla glue.I did the same thing two years ago,still holden strong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.