Dreams Can Come True

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Last Tuesday evening the BOP and I were driving home from perching on Mille Lacs, discussing what we were going to do to our house over the winter to make it more saleable next spring. The house had been on the market since May without an offer and we were going to let the contract expire on Friday. The phone rings and it was our realtor saying there was someone interested in our place. Long story short-the deal was made and we now have sold our house and purchased a lake home in the Hutchinson area. The stickler is that we have to be out of here by Oct 27 so the next 10 days are going to be hectic.

But the point is that we had all but given up on selling our home with only 2 days left on the contract. I guess you can’t give up until the fat guy sings and I’m singing today. Our dream of 35 years is about to come true. Now it only remains to be seen if we were dreaming about the right thing.

This is a shot from the back yard. We are on a channel that runs between 2 lakes that I have caught walleyes on in the past. Briank, you may even recognize this area.

Possible GTG next year?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Congrats Putz. Sounds like you and the wife will have a buzy couple of weeks

Good luck with the move

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Putz. Our current house deal has fallen through several times over the last 40 days. Talk about stressful. The new place will be done on Nov 1, so I’m hoping for a last minute deal.

BTW, we will be neighbors now, by SD standards. Only 30 miles apart. Wave as you go by on Hwy 7!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Congrats Putz! Your new home has a wonderful view!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Congrats Gene!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Congrats and good luck!!

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

Great view
    It sure is nice when things finally workout

eyebuster
    Duluth

Congrats, If this is between Stella and Washington you will have a blast fishing there!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That back yard looks very sweet.
    Congrats Sir Putz
    Hope the move goes smooth, not slippery like lutey

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Briank, you may even recognize this area.

Not only will I be moving in with you Dad…but how well done do you like your lutefisk??

Spring time blue gills!

Very nice Putz family. I’m happy for you!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Very nice place there. Those are two very good lakes. Not to o far from my home.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Putz…the Favorite Mom sez…See you at the Legion!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That’s great Putz. Congrats to you and BOP.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Congrats Putz! It will be a little stressful for the next couple of weeks, but from the looks of it, it will be well worth it.

Jami

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Congrats you two! Good things happen to good people!

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Wonderful Congrats!

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

Dear Putz,

Congratulations. I am sure you deserved every single bit of it! It is indeed a dream home.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Thanks folks.

Here is a pic of the 4 season porch and deck that overlook the water off to the left. I plan to spend my mornings with a cup of coffee in one of those two places. I won’t bore you with more pics but maybe you can tell that we are quite happy.

Thanks, Gary for the advice and Brian, tell your Mom that it’s a date. Not sure I’m ready to call you son yet though.

Now I just have to figure out how to get power out to the bench seat on the dock to run the fridge next summer.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Now I just have to figure out how to get power out to the bench seat on the dock to run the fridge next summer.

Generator

That first pic looks like a great topwater area for bass
    Congratulations on the sale and your new home.

Ron

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Congrats on the sale and move.
    have not caught any big fish on those lakes, more of a numbers game for LM and SM.
    Good Luck.
    Jack.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Looks like an awesome place. Congradulations, looks like your dreams really have come true. Enjoy your piece of Heaven on earth.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Way to go Putz, goes to show that, as Yogi said “It ain’t over ’til it’s over”! Gonna miss that fall fishing on the SCR that we got into last year , although my boat carpet will not miss the luety !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.