bought a G3 boat at the F.I.R.M in Aitkin

• jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

I decided to buy a G3 Angler 185 XT at the F.I.R.M. in Aitkin. I was a little uncertain of the boat itself at first, but after extensive research I think the G3 offers the best bang for the
    buck. Art and Deb are extremely fair and courteous. Give them a try; you won’t be disappointed. I was a died-in-the-wool LUND guy, but doing business locally was more important. Besides, I think I got a great boat besides! If you have one of these boats, let me know what you think of them since I’ve never been in one in my life!

big_g
    Isle, MN

jw, this was a subject, click on link below.

big g

G3 boat

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Great place to buy a boat Art & Deb are great!! AS far as boat goes you won’t be disappointed they handle big water great and smoth handling. With more storage than any comparable boat. You made a great choice in my opinion I mite be a little bias as I own 2005 18.5 Angler.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Looks like a super rig……..enjoy!! G3…Nice.

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

Thanks for the link! Sounds great on paper! I put a F150 on it…hope that is enough motor. Anyone selling a T8? Art sold me a Motorguide W75 with the wireless foot pedal and key fob; does anybody have any experience with MotorGuide? It seemed like a slam dunk to me. The two things that I really loved about this boat were the pop-up rod storage in the bow and the vinyl with the snap-in carpet. All the storage compartments as well as the rod lockers are lighted too. I was looking for a Lund fisherman but Art was determined to get me into a G3…I guess good job Art! The dealer is as important as the boat to me. I bought a Yamaha Rhino from these guys as well as a couple other smaller things. It was nice to do business the old fashioned way with a hand shake and a smile. Some of the big dealers try to hook you and then stick it to you after the fact. Not once did I get that feeling; priceless!

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I think you will find that the F150 is all the motor you will need. I run an F150 on a Lund Explorer 1800 SS and it is “Definately” enough for my boat. Yours is a little heavier, but it really shouldn’t have much effect. You will be impressed withe the F150……you have a sweet machine there!!

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

Thanks TBO. I hope the F150 is enough. Is the fuel consumption favorible? Does it troll down enough? How about hole shot? Any confidence builders welcome!

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Sleep well tonight “Grasshopper”…..you did well. The fuel trickles through that engine, slowly….lol Mine trolls down to around 2.5-2.7, not as slow as I would like it, but the T-8 takes care of that. Hole shot is excellent, you need to find out what prop is right for your boat weight. I run a black steel 19 pitch, and it “flies” out of the hole. I just bought a black steel 21 pitch to try, hope for a little more top end. Right now with the 19 pitch I get 48 gps. I had a Pro series 21 pitch and got 51 gps top end, but it didn’t perform the way I wanted it to, so I want to try a slightly smaller diameter prop(the black steel 13 1/2inch)and see if it makes a difference. The Pro Series was a 14 1/2inch diameter. We will see…..Feel confident that you have made a great choice in boat and motor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.