City Bass

• where the eyes

I am doing some shore line work on Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis and I have noticed the sunnies making thier spawn. Huge and I mean Huge largemouths are litteraly 1 foot from shore on the edge of the spawning grounds on the east side of the lake. I bet some of them are 5 lbs are more. they are feeding there picking off the little ones. also Muskies visible in the water picking off some sunnies. Its is a lot of fun to watch and too bad I am working and cant fish I might have to make some time to go there saturday. I normally look for walleyes but Bass like that are hard to ignore.

Keep fishing and selective harvest

EyE’

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Where the Eyes,

That activity would be fun to watch, during the time you are there, would you mind adding some updates on these shallow fish.

AND welcome to IDA.

Jack..

where the eyes

sure. will. I might bring the fishing pole with a texas rigged gulp! nightcrawler and try to pull out one of those bucketmouths. the muskie are always on the feed there. last year i witnessed one attack a duck!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

that would sure be fun, sight fishing while on break. or after work hours. You’ll probably catch a brooser, so you better have your camera along. have fun and let us know how it goes.
    Jack..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.