Best LED lights for boat?

• Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Anyone add additional lighting to their boat? What brand is best and brightest? Rope or strip? Color or white? Any advice (or past IDO link – I had no luck) would be appreciated. – Boogs

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I did install white led rope lights to some of my compartments and two 12 foot yellow led rope lights under my gunnels. Like white in the compartments because it makes it easy to find what’s inside. Yellow out in the open since it draws less bugs.
    Found mine on EBay years ago.

Ron

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I would avoid anything from SuperBrightLEDs.com. I used them on a boat trailer, and I can’t tell you how many times I had LEDs burn out. They always replaced them under warranty, but what a PITA. The whole point of LEDs was so they would not burn out.

pauleye78
    New Hope/ Onamia

I was looking at lights from Northern Bright Lights.
    Don’t know much about them but they do have a lot of choices.
    Hope this helps.

duke.harbaugh

I have had bad luck with northern brite lights. Would NOT recommend them… just my $.02

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Bluewater Led great service and lifetime warranty. Not the cheapest but a great product.

masters
    oregon il

I added a couple of shoreline marine 11.5in led lights from Wal-Mart. They seem to be ok but only used them a little and the were cheap.

red89
    Hudson

Rigid Industries is a Bassmaster sponsor and they seem to make some pretty cool lighting. I think they make a boat kit now.I don’t know anything about them but its another option to check out.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Mr. Ocean had a nice setup that he was quite pleased with.
    http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ftlgeneral&Number=1250255&Forum=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Main=1250216&Search=true&where=&Name=22309&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1250255

I had PMed him about them for a future setup in my boat and he said they were still going strong! Maybe he will chime in at some point here as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.