Anyone ever drag rattle baits???

• jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

So if dragging is supposed to simulate dying shad drifting/struggling in the current would dragging a lipless crank with a little shorter leash than jig and ringworm/moxie work, I’m picturing moving just fast enough up current to make a ripping rap/rattling rapala/red eye shad kick and dropping the rod tip back sproratically to drop the bait onto the sand, any thoughts

taz
    Frederic wi

It should work I have had good luck dragging blade baits on pool 4 from time to time

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Anything is worth a shot! I would be skeptical BC of the rattle. Cold water means lethargic fish and subtle natural approaches. Blade always makes sense BC it vibrates to the fishes lateral lines, but the rattle seems aggressive. Heck who knows though! I’d try it if nothing else was working.

abster71
    crawford county WI

Doug Stange was doing that on in-fisherman this week couldn’t tell if he was anchored or trolling. Was fishing with this on the fox river appeared to be spring time.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Been doing that for years with lipless baits. The challenge is finding bodies that have a better balance point and nose. The square face of the old styles tend to roll and twist more.

By far the design of Live Targets Gizzard shad in 1/2oz has been the best for me.

Besides dragging techniques, they also have the versatility to use in place of blade baits. If you go back through some of my old reports from the last few years, you’ll find both spring, summer, and fall applications of pitching, vertical jigging, and dragging lipless baits. Also a great smallmouth presentation too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.