Leadcore on reel question.

• traumatized
    eastern iowa

I know it’s been talked about before but I sure can’t find where it is at.
    How much leadcore can you put on the Diawa reels? Using Suffix 18lb. The Cabela’s reels? Thanks for the help.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

You can get 10 colors or 100 yards on the Diawa 47 or the Cabela’s 30 size

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Jbob, you recall how much backing you have on a 47?

Also a side question not to steel the original post but how many colors can you get on a 27 with the 12 lbs?

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

If anyone knows of a way to post an excel file on here, I’ve got a great reel fill calculator (not really mine; I stole if from somewhere ). It works by entering the spec’s from any given reel (diameter line and capacity). From there, you can enter the diameter of your backer, lead, and leader and make adjustments to each length to achieve 90-100% capacity of the reel. It works great! I use it for setting up everything from mono to braid, lead, copper, and stainless wire rods. It’s a real life saver when setting up salmon rods, or even walleye lead core setups. If there is no way to post excel files on here, you can send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can mail it to you.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I put enough backing on to cover the first layer on the spool. On a 27 you might get 5 colors

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Thanks for the heads up. was thinking 5 colors is more than enough but now im leaning towards the 47s so I can get 10 colors on in case I lose a color or two.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.