water companies

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ANyone got any advise on a pool filing company? or people use there hoses to fill.

thanks
    Jeff

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Use the neighbors hose.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Use the neighbors hose.

that is why I am asking now. got caught by 3 neighbors

dbright
    Cambridge

I’ve always used my hose takes two days if I remember right. Years ago the fire department would for a fee but I have no idea if they still do.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

You could atleast ask the fire department if you could borrow a hydrant wrench and some hose for a few hours.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The guys at the blaine water department do seem to be pretty decent to work with. They might be able to help.

gary d
    cordova,il

Remember if you get it form the city just keep track of the gallons of water. You don’t what to pay for the sewer rate!!!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

If there is a hydrant nearby, you can have the city fill it from that. Cost like $50 to fill a skating rink.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Quote:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?

Some municipalities charge you a per gallon fee on the water that comes into the house. They also assume that all the water that comes into the house goes down the sewer and charges you a per gallon sewerage fee for that same water.

My sewerage fee is roughly 4 times that of the incoming water fee.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

They’ll get you coming and going.

payday
    Ramsey, Mn

Typically your sewer rate is calculated on your 4th quarter usage, and that rate does not change during the year. Filling a pool in June/July has zero effect on that.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

If you use a pool service, ask if they can do anything to give you water that’s as warm as possible. For example, fill up the truck the night before and let it sit to come up to ambient temp.

Just filled the kid’s above ground pool up over the last 2 days and the problem with garden hose water is that it’s freaking cold! So the poor buggers are dying to go swimming, but they’re lips are turning blue and their teeth are chattering becuase the water is so cold and it takes quite a while for it to warm up. Lots longer than I’d have expected.

Grouse

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

The Artesians dump 660 gals/min out of an old oil well behind the Stillwater Fire Dept here 24/7 into the St. Croix. How long is your hose?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.