New Rant

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry, the weather has me cranky.

The FW and I recently decided to take our cell service from Sprint to Verizon. Cool. Great. So, we got our new phones, activated them, and I decided to place a call to Sprint to make sure things were all taken care of on that end.

The nice lady at Sprint said our service was cancelled, but that we’d be getting one last bill. “That’s fine,” I said, “I assume it will be pro-rated since our billing cycle just changed over a couple days ago.”

NOPE! Since we took our phone numbers with us (duh), we get billed for the entire billing cycle.

What a load of BS. Thieves.

And that’s what grinds my gears…today.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Well, you haven’t paid them yet, have you?

Maybe try paying the pro-rated value and tell them where to go…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Well, you haven’t paid them yet, have you?

I thought of that, but I don’t really want them to send it to collections.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

This has to be a Sprint policy or a recent change. I’ve had several staff leave here with their #s going to other carriers. Verizon always pro rates the amount.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Go talk to them in person, and take your dog along

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I may have to call back when I get the bill.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

Go talk to them in person, and take your dog along

Maybe a personal visit with pistol in holster on your belt would maybe open their eyes to better customer service.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

so you haven’t gotten the bill yet? and your already ranting on an outdoor website? whats this world coming to.
    oh and great advise you got on here to, bring your dog, bring a gun, blah, blah, blah.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

so you haven’t gotten the bill yet? and your already ranting on an outdoor website? whats this world coming to.
    oh and great advise you got on here to, bring your dog, bring a gun, blah, blah, blah.

Oh, I am so sorry to offend you and waste your precious time.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

And you read to the end and ranted about it. Well played.

Ryan, that makes no sense. What a joke (without a punch line).

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

From what I understand you did the number change before the end of the Sprint contract. You’re actually lucky they don’t charge you the full price of cancelling the contract. Switching over numbers ends the current contract. Beware they don’t do that to you! It’s about a 250-300$ fee…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

2-year contract was up several months ago.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I may have to call back when I get the bill.

DO that,, you may very well get a totally different answer!

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Best strategy we’ve found to resolve phone issues over the years is to talk to the manager at a very large retail phone store – (like Ridgedale). They have the ability to change your account and understand that treating you well is the only way to get you back at some point in the future.

Seems like the 19 year old kids at BB or satellite stores either aren’t authorized or trained to handle account issues. My FW is a master of getting help by being friendly,courteous and explaining the situation at hand.

Good luck.

castle-rock-clown

I had sprint for five years. I was past the end of my contract by just over a year and changed to another carrier transferring my number. Sprint sent one last bill. I took a little long to pay, maybe 10 days after due date. They had already sent it to collections. I contested…it still shows up. Trying to amend a credit report is harder than getting a date with Kate Upton.

MX1825

Quote:

This from a guy whose sign off is (IF You Don’t hurt them they just keep coming back).

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I am so sorry to offend you and waste your precious time.

I was not offended in the least and if some of you guys are to sensitive to handle a little constructive critcism then maybe you should stick to facebook.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Back on track, please, gentlemen.

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Back on track, please, gentlemen.

I thought this was a rant on cell phone, not trains.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Seems to me the constructive criticism, aka rant, was handled quite well.

PB2

Why did you switch?

As far as I know you will be paying more and you lose unlimited data. Is one one of your works subsidizing part of the bill for Verizon?

Or were just looking for better overall coverage?

Also what phones did you get?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Why did you switch?
    As far as I know you will be paying more and you lose unlimited data. Is one one of your works subsidizing part of the bill for Verizon?
    Or were just looking for better overall coverage?
    Also what phones did you get?

The one downside is losing the unlimited data, but we don’t use enough data that it will affect us negatively. I get work-related discounts through both VZW and Sprint. Sprint voice coverage at our cabin is extremely spotty, but Verizon is good. The main reason, though, is that Sprint’s 4G LTE does not cover our area, yet their good smart phones are all 4G LTE. So, we’d be stuck with their 3G service, which is horribly slow. VZW’s 4G LTE service is all over MN, and it has been really fast for us so far.

We both got the Motorola Droid Razr HD. So far, we love them.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m on my last contract for unlimited data. Its kind of cool having 10Gig+ months. I am going to hate having to make sure to switch to wireless to do all my downloading.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I am going to hate having to make sure to switch to wireless to do all my downloading.

The Razr HD came with a “Smart Action” function. I set it so that when I am at home, it automatically turns on the wireless antenna.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

I’m on my last contract for unlimited data. Its kind of cool having 10Gig+ months. I am going to hate having to make sure to switch to wireless to do all my downloading.

If you learn how to tether you can drop the internet provider altogether and access via your phone …

especially if you have good 4g access. That gives you internet everywhere with no reliance on the ISP cable.

PB2

Not sure how much Data you use Pug but a lot of people just buy Newer used or Brand New phones from private partys and activate those to keep there unlimited plans . Yes they are extremely expensive but it depends on how bad you need the unlimited data. Some guys Stream all day at work and paying bigger price for a new/used phone is worth it. And your Samsung 3 is still worth a few hundred if you wanted to sell it which would help with the 500 or so you’ll be paying for your off contract I-Phone 5 in order to keep the unlimited….

I’m guessing you’ll be able to keep it under 2 gigs a month with some minor adjustments so losing your unlimited may not hurt too bad.

I do fine it amazing how much data some people use.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.