does St Croix ever run a sale on Avids?

• smoke grub

I would like to purchase an St Croix avid.. but I really don’t want to pay$100 on line for a used one.. do these ever go on sale.. and who knew 20 years ago, that St.Croix would still be in business much less one of the big movers and shakers in the industry.. its amazing how things change and work out..

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would think a $100.00 for a rod that has a lifetime warranty is a fair price if it not all beat up.

Which Avid you looking at ?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

SBC had Croix’s 25% off yesterday at the open house. Give Dean a call.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

There customer service is second to none !!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

do these ever go on sale?

Not that we’ll ever see on line or in a sales flyer. St. Croix and others have a policy about advertising lower then MSRP pricing.

Deals are available in store but not advertised through advertising media.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

December 21-24th this last year I got $30 off mail in rebate on my avid through Gander Mountain, and $15 off my triumph, I think the Legends and more expensive ones were 50, but it was very short time and was not posted in store, and all the employees were not aware. Online posted only. I was watching most of last year as well and they really didn’t have anything.

mojogunter

One way to get a better price is to buy a reel and rod at the same time. Because vendors are not supposed to sell rods for less than the retail price. If you add a reel then they can sell you the rod for retail and the reel for much less. As an example several years ago at TB I bought a loomis HS9000 IMX, the price for the rod was in the $285 range and the reel was a diawa tournament spinning reel $150. Combo cost $310. If I bought just the rod then $285.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

December 21-24th this last year I got $30 off mail in rebate on my avid through Gander Mountain, and $15 off my triumph, I think the Legends and more expensive ones were 50, but it was very short time and was not posted in store, and all the employees were not aware. Online posted only. I was watching most of last year as well and they really didn’t have anything.

I’m sure it does happen occasionally.

A while back I took a cell phone picture of a discount on St Croixs at a retail store. I posted it on Ido and in less then an hour I was called by the retailer asking me to take it down. Guess another retailer complained.

…and that could be the reason why Gander did it….once.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

I would like to purchase an St Croix avid.. but I really don’t want to pay$100 on line for a used one.. do these ever go on sale.. and who knew 20 years ago, that St.Croix would still be in business much less one of the big movers and shakers in the industry.. its amazing how things change and work out..

The same family owns and operates the business since 1948…I have a 1948 St. Croix fly rod that is still very fishable… There was no doubt in my mind that they were going to continue to be one of the best spinning rods made. I have been fishing them for over 50 years.

Sportland Bait

Send me a message. I can help you out with St Croix rods. We sell them.

Jason Erlandson

has
    Hudson, WI

Do you have any 7’6″ med avids?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Eric,

4 Seasons
    Anglers Headquarters
    and
    Joes

are not only sponsors of Ido that handle St Croix, but they will all take very good care of you as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.