rod builders in either Minneapolis or Milwaukee.

• smoke grub

Hi Guys.. one I want you guys to know how many times you have really really helped me with advise.. the last one, coming up with the static float switches for my sump pumps were a life saver, as they reduced my stress level by about 2,000,000 percent.
    now I am looking for a rod builder,some one who does quality work, in either the cities, Milwaukee, LaCrosse, or somewhere in between. but some one you can count on.

I have some older rods that I want to change from a metal reel seat to a graphite reel seat. thus reducing about 6 to 10 ounces of weight on the rods and making them much more fishing friendly at my age. one rod has a two piece handle that will probably need to be joined to the original rod blank.

let me know who or where or who you trust. these are some pretty nice old rods, historical, graphite. but ones that have excellent feel none the less.

also I am looking for some cork pistol grip handles. if you know of a store that has any.. my place in Milwaukee , I bought the last one years ago, and they have never refilled the stock.
    thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Thorne Bros….

MPLS

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

PM sent with number,

but Steve Hurlburt dba H2Rods does great work and has been building rods for over 30-years part-time, now retired fishing more and building more rods.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Thorne Bros….

MPLS

Thorne bros end of story!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Mel Dickie, Rochester….Mel’s Custom Rods located at Wild Goose Sports. Mel is meticulous, does lots of antique rebuilds in addition to loads of new custom builds. He teaches classes community ed and teaches rod building at 2 high schools in Rochester. I’ve been around him for 20 years and can’t say enough positive about his work ethic, and work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.