Ladies on the water

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I might get slammed over this, and I am trying to be sesnsitive to the situation.

When you need relif while out on the water, what do you do to remedy the situuation and is there a product out there that can be used that I am missing.

My daghters and wife are demanding a solution.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Depends.

You get that grief to that you are a plumber and should be able to rig up something? In my boat it usually means a quick run to shore some where. The dog usually needs to go by then anyways.

timmy

I do not use my front livewell when the wife is with. with the plug out, it is a perfect urinal for her. With the pump running, it is like an auto flush – the drain is at the bottom and drains straight down through the hull. This is in a high sided walk-through boat, so there is good privacy.

Palerider77

+ 1 on the forward livewell. Otherwise there is a device called a “go girl”.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Homer Bucket….

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Typically going over the side or front of the boat works for my friends

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Depends.

You get that grief to that you are a plumber and should be able to rig up something? In my boat it usually means a quick run to shore some where. The dog usually needs to go by then anyways.

Exactly,

Depends are great Untill they become used depends

The live well has been used… I have a hard time with that one.

I was hoping BK would chime in here, I would think he must be good at squating.

There I go dragging my own post into the muck

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Bucket or coffee can is all this family uses.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Make them jump in the lake. That’s what our family does. And I don’t mind saying it either….because Michelle doesn’t go to this site.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I just go over the side when there aren’t many other boats around. We aren’t able to aim very well, especially on a boat. The portable urinals with the classy ladies adapters work well too, but we look just as silly using one of those as we do with our hanging over the side of the boat.

igotone

my wife and I both use an empty dawn dishwashing soap plastic bottle with the top cut just right to fit her

works GREAT she can even put it in the leg of her shorts so that she does not even pull them down

rinse out and throw it in an area that it can’t blow out

if gotta go #2 – a plastic bucket is used

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

my wife and I both use an empty dawn dishwashing soap plastic bottle with the top cut just right to fit her

works GREAT she can even put it in the leg of her shorts so that she does not even pull them down

rinse out and throw it in an area that it can’t blow out

Is it wrong that BK was totally aroused by that story?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

A lot of TMI in this thread.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Make them jump in the lake. That’s what our family does. And I don’t mind saying it either….because Michelle doesn’t go to this site.

Yeah, I tried telling my wife that last year about this time. Of course I was joking but it didn’t go over so well seeing that she was 8 1/2 months pregnant, it was dark out, and the water temps were probably about 55 degrees.

That trip got cut short. Lesson learned, I guess.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Bait well works perfect

bigpike

My wife and kids always used the livewell or baitwell, I use the red plastic device with the screw cover they sell cheap for peeing. BTW – TP in a zip lock bag is SOP in my boat. Sorry for all the acronyms.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Yeah, I tried telling my wife that last year about this time. Of course I was joking but it didn’t go over so well seeing that she was 8 1/2 months pregnant, it was dark out, and the water temps were probably about 55 degrees.

That trip got cut short. Lesson learned, I guess.

It took me a while, but I realized sometimes what I think is funny in my head is not so funny aloud. Took me 7 years. Ok, I still slip up once in an often while.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have a great “wife in the boat” pee story but better not.

handy

We’ve been using a “porta-potti” for quite a few years. Wife is 68 and wants to be fishing 2 – 3 times/wk. Porta-potti always goes along.

chirp
    Rochester

She usually hangs it over the side. Usually ends in an out burst of laughter.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s why the side of your boat looks the way it does eh Chirp?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Seriously, it’s much more safe to have something inside the boat to relieve folks (male, female or pug) then it is to be standing on the side/back/front of the boat. More so on the river.

Add a couple beers and change the above to a X 2.

Vickie
    MN

I just use a small plastic bucket – about the size of an ice cream bucket. Dump over the side and rinse. If the girls are uncomfortable with just that, a plastic rain poncho can be used to “cover” themselves while they go.

Hope that helps.

Vickie

chirp
    Rochester

I like the live well use. Much better than over the side and then the train comes by. Oops. Told you it usually ends up in laughter.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

You get that grief to that you are a plumber and should be able to rig up something?

Ido have an inkling that would help the ladies, its like BK stated; it’s much safer to be within the boat than over the side.
    Lets not forget what a person has to go through when fishing in cold weather gear also.
    Mutiply that for the Ladies X2-???

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Hmmmmm..

Dog

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Seriously, it’s much more safe to have something inside the boat to relieve folks (male, female or pug) then it is to be standing on the side/back/front of the boat. More so on the river.

Add a couple beers and change the above to a X 2.

That’s why I just pee in my pants. It’s safe and I can keep fishing. You just never know when that big one’s going to bite.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

That’s why I just pee in my pants. It’s safe and I can keep fishing. You just never know when that big one’s going to bite.

Eww that feels warm

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.