Any Fenwick users out there?

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

If so, I’m looking for opinions on which rod to buy?

Either the EWS72M-F…or the EWS72ML-F, rigging rods. Do you recommend the medium or medium light? I don’t know if the medium is to stiff for walleyes? I checked out both at Scheels, but couldn’t make up my mind.

TIA

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I run 2 of the the EWS66mf-jigging. I use these for rigging as well as the 72 get to me a bear on those windy days. Also, I typically run 3/4 oz rig weight so the added stiffness works well for me there too.

When I cant make up my mind on rigging rods I will take my weight size I plan to use off the store shelf and grab a hunk of fishing line from a spool on the rack and tie the weight on the rod tip. This helps me to get the feel of the rod, load and action.

I really do like this rod series.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I personally like the 7’2″ ML. Works great for rigging. Also like it for pitching light jigs. I have always preferred a ML over a M, just my 2 cents. A Pflueger Supreme XT is a good choice to pair it up with if you’re also looking at reels. Size 30 or 25.

cody_c.
    Pool 8

I run strictly fenwick rods. I have 4 Eagle GT models, running from 6’0-7’0. Two of them are medium lights, which are fantastic for fishing pannies here on the river! One is medium and one is medium heavy for walleye fishing!

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I assume you were asking about the Elite Tech Walleye Series rods. You will be pleased with either ML or M. All about your own personal preference and what feels best. As I said in previous post, I like the 7’2″ ML rigging rod, but I haven’t fished anytyhing heavier than a 3/8 oz with them. The 3/8 oz was fishable, but wouldn’t go any heavier. Most of the time I’m fishing 1/4 or 1/8 oz with the MLs. If you will be using mostly 3/8 or heaveier, should consider the M. The other thing you may want to factor is what kind of line you will be using. I use Fireline Braid almost exclusively, so I like the softer, more forgiving rod tip on the ML. Just a few more thoughts

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Thanks for the input guys —

I typically doing most of my rigging on Milly pulling 1/2-3/4 oz, depending on the conditions. With the added weight, sounds like the Medium is the better option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.