Had a blast bassin

• ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

I went up to the pond with the planer boards ready and a box full of raps olny to have some motor problems keep me away from the bite…. Didnt break my heart one bit because we ended up with a couple great days with no wind and changed gears to bass fishing to find out the bite was red hott!!!!

we had a few doubles but this one was the best… twin sows
    And the biggest fish of the week went to my girlfriend… She outfished me with the biggest bass 21″ and the biggest eye 27 1/2 Getting old

I told her the guide get a picture too. Man do these fish ever give up! scales made of bronze and a heart made of gold!! I will be back and might just leave the walleye gear at camp

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Glad to see those big girls ore on the chew. Not many smallie fisheries like Millacs when there going.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Joe, you’re KILLING me here. I need a magic healing formula or soemthing. Nice fish, wow those are chunky.

Call me, dude.

Rootski

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Awesome pictures!!

What was working for you? what wher eyou keying in on? any topwater action?

now I’m chompin to get up there , maybe this weekend

micah-witham
    Richfield

nice fish…hoping to get up soon to target a few of those bruisers. what tactics were working for you?

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Nice fish Joe. You have to post that pic of Monica’s fish. That 21″ fish looks monsterous!

I sure miss smallie chasin up there…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Those 3 guys look familiar in the background of that 1st pic.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Your right Blue. I think those are the same three ugly dudes that I shared my boat with last week. Man that one they call Tom, he can’t net worth a darn.

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Went thru over a half pound of leaches on wendsday This is monica with here 21″…. I hadnt planned on bass fishing so left that gear at home but they had no problem gobbling a leach under a bobber! Her fish was the 1st one in the boat and I just couldnt catch her! Topwater would have been a blast that day!!! as you can see the whole lake was glass!! med-large leaches were the key to the bass and eyes. They outfish the jumbos we had left 3-1

It was nice meeting you guys Blue!! Wendsday and thursday morning were awesome! I ended up getting the motor going agian after we seen you on thursday and picked up a few more later that day out further where I was heading to begin with Monica had one of them muskies grab a jumbo leech but she didnt have a chance. There were another half dozen nice skis out there as well but they wouldnt wink at my offerings Maybe we will see you next year! we took the same week of last year and plan on doing it agian next Ill have to take your advise on the grub at hunters.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Your right Blue. I think those are the same three ugly dudes that I shared my boat with last week. Man that one they call Tom, he can’t net worth a darn.

You are right! That guy can’t net fish to save his life. But he can lip 20″+ Smallies like a champ!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nevermind Rob, he drug us all over the lake chasing Walleyes only to find out you can catch really big Walleyes using Bass tackle.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Joe, that pic of you with the two sumo smallies is awesome bud! It was nice to meet you and Monica. See you at the GTG!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.