Under 20-Inchers?

• greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

I am heading up this weekend and am wondering 2 things. From what I understand, the legal limits are 4 fish, 1 over 28″, and everything from 20″-28″ goes back. First, can anyone verify that, and second what general areas have been better than others for legal fish? I am not looking for anyones GPS coordinates, just wondering what general structure is holding the “smaller” fish these days. Thanks!

synthes
    Plymouth, MN

Your Regs are right…was up there last weekend and I can tell you that there were 1000 boats lined up on the eastside rocks in the evenings. Slip bobbering.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

2 weekends ago we got 7 all under 13 inches on the malmo sand, last week we got 10, 8 of which were nice 14-18 inchers on the mud flats.I’m going up tonight and hitting the northwest sdie and friday back out on the mud.

Jira

The bite is on the mud draggin live bait rigs… 6 foot snell minimum. Plain hook, try chartruse and try red. 1 bead max, use the opposite of the hook color.

I’d try that unless I was Gary Roach… then it’s Hennepin Is. and slip bobbers… for the rest of us, mud.

Now no more “top secret” info!!!

Go catch fish!!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I was up last weekend as well. There were tons of fish still on the rocks with the smallies. We were able to catch enough for dinner sat night!

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Thanks for the tips. I’m heading up tomorrow and I’ll let you know how I do when I get back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.