Fishing gear & truck stolen

• sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Being a You Tuber you might be a bit biased. jester But, it’s a free country chuckle away!! grin
    [/quote]

Excellent Point! It’s so much dam fun!
    Lesson #1 Take nothing personal and have thick skin.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Yeah some of the YouTube guys are real annoying with asking you to like and subscribe so they can promote products. But I’ve watched Sobi’s videos and the guy seems to be a real genuine person. Sure he’s promoting brands but he also helped out a friend in need. Hell anyone of you guys would be happy to have a friend like him if you had all your stuff stolen.

I hope he makes it with YouTube because he’s a lot better than the Googen Squad guys.

HelloHines

No need to rip people, just don’t watch. Pretty simple

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Its called evolution. Evidently more folks like it than not. Lot’s of people chasing the same dollar and I assume, like any business its a fairly % that are truly successful. Everyone has a angle at some point

God bless em and yay capitalism!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

What’s the big deal a guy telling a story about an unfortunate experience . Then he tries to see what venders would do to help . Not sure if all vendors would be that generous. It wasn’t like someone kidnapped the guy and stole his kidney LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

No need to rip people, just don’t watch. Pretty simple

Finally, common sense.
    Thank you

hossfisher

Man, this is a tough crowd. How many of you guys would like to make a living by fishing and hunting every day? I know I sure would. I’ve never made a Youtube video, but it’s easy to see that Youtube in today’s world is one of the best tools to do that. At the end of the day, it boils down to a kid likely pursueing his dreams and having some fun in the process. As far as the click bait titles and “like & subsribe” every video… it is annoying… but it works. It’s no different than any other marketing grab used accross any industry. The world is shifting to online entertainment and the money is following it.

Try going on Twitch and watching “E-sports” stars playing a video game with 100,000 viewers at 12pm on a Wednesday. The online future is here, and like it or not, it’s here to stay.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I dunno. We have a guy here who ONLY shows up to pump his videos. Sometimes (but not always) with the outlandish titles. I haven’t looked at his since the very first one he did. I can’t stand bad production or beggars.

On the other hand there is Tom Boley. I only learned about him by other members here mentioning him as a good watch. Same with Uncut Angling.

My opinion is everybody knows how You Tube works. If your video is any good the news will travel fast, you will get your subscribers. You start begging for subs and clicks and I’m out.

The other thing is some guys film nothing. They think them sitting in a boat or on a block of ice is interesting. It’s not. Have a plan, tell a story, give some how to’s, give some tips. Give us something other then “Hey look at me, I went Trout fishing and caught a MONSTER 5 inch fish.”

If you are just filming for fun fine, keep it between family and friends. If you wanna be a You Tube star you have to step up your game and take it seriously.

And for those who think I’m picking on the You Tube kids…..John Gillespie does nothing for me either. It’s possible to make money in the TV biz without being a total clown.

Just my opinions. I also don’t need anybody to tell me I’m old fashion and to get with the times. jester

ryan hunt

Most will fail on youtube, but there will be a few that succeed. The ones that do, usually do quite well. It is a business and like any business, they will get out what they put in. I think it is awesome that the younger generation is figuring out how to start, promote and power a business. Investing in themselves for a greater good. The only thing different from today, compared to yesterday’s generation is the product. Instead of manufacturing a tangible, today is focused on digital. The overall concepts still apply, find a market, promote the market, gain sales, which in these cases is clicks, likes or subscriptions. Most of them are all connected and out learning how to make a business successful and having fun while doing so. Is that not what life is about, making friends, succeeding in what you enjoy and having fun with it all at the same time?

Sobi is a class act guy and highly intelligent in the marketing field. He understands the power of numbers. There is a reason all the big names are putting their products in his video’s. He has a large audience and has the actual data to prove it.

If you scroll back a couple years, he did a video on a friend of his that has a disability, through Sobi’s network, it reached Marcus Lemonis, (owner of Gander, like marcus, dislike Marcus, does not matter in this situation) Through this power of digital numbers, Sobi was able to connect a friend of his to an owner of a large corp who then gave that kid a job. One he probably would have never got without the power of digital marketing. That kid is still working for gander today and is a fishing fanatic. Sobi and himself have been friends all through school. Sobi did this as a friend for a friend.

I do not know Sobi personally, but I do know him through a mutual friend and he is knocking it out of the park right now. He gets this business model and is not afraid to go above and beyond to use it to give back to others.

There are alot of young “youtube stars” who are following what Sobi is doing. He is one of the leads out there.

Is every youtube video great, no, most are mediocre at best and like anything I hold ultimate card if i choose to watch, scroll or ignore a post etc on any social media platform. But they are doing what is needed, gaining audience, re investing in equipment to make their product better and investing in themselves.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s possible to make money in the TV biz without being a total clown.

That explains it, at least in my case. coffee

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well said Ryan.

Hearteater

Would much rather go fishing with Sobi than all the curmudgeons here posting hate about a harmless youtube video. Have a feeling if all you complaining tried to make a video it would really suck… just saying.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Would much rather go fishing with Sobi than all the curmudgeons here posting hate about a harmless youtube video. Have a feeling if all you complaining tried to make a video it would really suck… just saying.

Hey new guy, welcome to In-Depth.

Maybe would suck making a fishing video but I never would beg for clicks and views. wink

Hearteater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hearteater wrote:</div>

Maybe would suck making a fishing video but I never would beg for clicks and views. wink

He’s not begging for anything just out there grinding like the rest of us at our jobs. Curious what you do for work where you think it’s cool to be an internet tough guy shitting on other people trying to make a living at something they’re passionate about?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Can you believe it…I get paid to troll You Tube guys!! What a country eh? woot

Hearteater

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Is it a paradox to spend a Friday night writing long paragraphs debating on how others spend their time producing poor quality productions?

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.