Fishing gear & truck stolen

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

How can anyone even stomach watching these youtube clowns?
    Its like a over dramatic talkshow, everything is sick, wicked and dude…

JEREMY
    BP

Wish i could have got a bunch of free stuff when i was dumb enough to leave all my stuff in an open truck in the driveway.

B-man

How can anyone even stomach watching these youtube clowns?
    Its like a over dramatic talkshow, everything is sick, wicked and dude…

Don’t forget to “click and subscribe” jester jester rotflol

Anonymous
    Inactive

I happen to know Ryan, he is a good guy. It’s just the younger generation, that’s all. Don’t judge to hard, they are just having a bit of fun with the youtube stuff.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Never understand why everything has to be made in to a video. These videos suck. These guys are annoying

Coletrain27

They have to make a video about everything so they can make there YouTube money. Sometimes I wonder if these stories are even real.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hey…….. How come I get ripped for ripping these guys and their nonsense? jester

I would give you guys a review but I couldn’t make it all the way through it. smirk

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Never understand why everything has to be made in to a video. These videos suck. These guys are annoying

applause

Adam Steffes

I know how it feels to have stuff stolen…not good and I feel for that dude.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Haha some negative Nancy’s today! Regardless of the video, or guys in it, props to Scheels, Clam and Elliot Rods for helping him out. I lost a tackle box and rods in a boating accident once, and it took years to really get back to what I had previously.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

applause

devil

foulpole18
    North Branch, MN

I wish I could make money filming fishing videos with my buddies. Sounds a lot more fun than going to work every day

Billy J

I had a truck stolen in mpls about 20 years ago with all my work tools. It sucks big time,

Haha some negative Nancy’s today! Regardless of the video, or guys in it, props to Scheels, Clam and Elliot Rods for helping him out. X2 Big Werm

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The reason for the negative Nancy is the guy was pumping product more then helping a buddy IMO. If it was about helping a buddy out we wouldn’t have heard anything about it at all. His pitch to the vendors was “hey i’m making a video and you will get some publicity out of this.” So, while it’s nice that the companies did it there absolutely was something in it for them also. Nothing wrong with that, just explaining why some guys are turned off by this stuff.

If everybody made a video every time they donated or did something nice for somebody in need you would spend your whole life watching video. Not everybody needs a pat on the back or a participation ribbon.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Wow another u tube video and same group bitching. What is it with you guys? Do you really don’t know what is going to happen when you click on the link? Perhaps you click on it and then are like “SOB” I got suckered into watching another video and now need to crap all over it. Young people trying to be next u tube stars, I get it you don’t like it. If that annoying guy from New Jersey on 39 hours Alex has like 800,000 followers and reports to make a very good living, maybe we should all go out and get go pros.

I give the kid some credit for figuring out a way to get some free goods for his buddy that lost his stuff. Of course the companies did it for promotion they didn’t have to but they did. Good story.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Youtubers are annoying and they plant things in the title of their vids for clickbait just like the title of this post. You choose to click and smash.
    Tom Boley has a video every other day and myself, I will not click on them because it’s the same ol $hit….well unless Shelby is in it. I could care less about his aqua view or catch and cook crap but if Shelby is in it, I’ll bite.
    My hat is off for these wannabe trailblazers because I couldn’t do it. My fishing time is precious and every second matters. If I have to adjust my camera angle or re place the batteries in my gopro, that’s 37 seconds I can’t get back.

deertracker

Youtubers are annoying and they plant things in the title of their vids for clickbait just like the title of this post. You choose to click and smash.

Like using the word “Robbed”. It wasn’t a robbery.
    DT

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

Like using the word “Robbed”. It wasn’t a robbery.
    DT

true, they also declined to say how the truck was stolen. doesn’t really matter but I bet thieves love this time of year with people running their cars keys in and all. my guess is the guy had it warming up in the driveway and some scumbag opened the door and drove off? lock your doors people!

3Rivers

Getting you stuff stolen really sucks, especially with $10k of equipment in it. I don’t think there is anything nefarious about the video, but I don’t doubt people use these opportunities to take advantage of their fan base. I’m shocked at the number of followers that will literally watch someone sit in their truck and talk about nothing and then just throw money at them (with cash donations) to sit there and talk some more about nothing. I just can’t grasp that concept.

Another thing which seems to be clear is that a good portion of the younger generation does not understand consequences and learning from their mistakes. Seems like there is always someone there to bail them out or enable them. Doing stuff the wrong way REALLY sucks, but holy cow I’ve learned a lot by my mistakes.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Some You Tubers make Millions doing videos, Sam probably makes 7 figures, he is the most popular in his group.

I wish I could make money filming fishing videos with my buddies. Sounds a lot more fun than going to work every day

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sooooo, Should I watch the video or not?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Do you know who Elliot Rods, Thorne Brothers, Scheels or Clam are?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sooooo, Should I watch the video or not?

Haha ironically all the complaining got me to watch it, and I would not Like/Comment/Subscribe based off some buddies giving gifts and going shopping at Scheels rotflol

CaptainMusky

Scoff at them if you want, but they are all laughing their way to the bank and get to do what they love to do, hunt, fish, drive sports cars, whatever they are promoting or reviewing its getting them paid on Youtube and quite handsomely. THere is a guy that reviews cars. He literally has a garage full of expensive super cars and massive trucks. He pays cash for each of them, does reviews of them on videos then “gives” them away to people buying his merchandise (the more they spend the more entries they get) on his webstore and the cycle continues. I personally hate these kinds of things, but man, they are creative and quite successful at it.

crosb121

The important thing is some****a lot for the googan guys do, but they have millions of subs! Saying sobi at 54k subs and 200-300k views a month is making 7 figures is a gross over estimate! Hence him having to sell both of his boats and barely being able to buy a truck…he’s making money but I would see a very very low chance he makes more than 50k a year doing this even with sponsors. With how diluted YouTube has become, someone with this low of engagement would be no where near you estimate.

3Rivers

Some You Tubers make Millions doing videos, Sam probably makes 7 figures, he is the most popular in his group.

From his YouTube revenue? 7 figures? Not a chance. Not even 6 in fact. I would guess his current revenue share last year was about $25-30k….and that is before taxes.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

You guys realize that the IDO shows you are watching with Ads are on Youtube?
    Its next to impossible to get Fox Sports North anymore.

Just saying, I’m getting a chuckle.

blank

7 figures, including cents…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You guys realize that the IDO shows you are watching with Ads are on Youtube?
    Its next to impossible to get Fox Sports North anymore.

Just saying, I’m getting a chuckle.

Being a You Tuber you might be a bit biased. jester But, it’s a free country chuckle away!! grin

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.