While you were sleepin

• smackemup
    North Metro

Been a real good past couple of weeks. We’ve been hitting area lakes after dark (10:30) and casting x-raps in 3 ft til we cant anymore (3:30). The ‘Sip has produced some nice eyes for us as well. People leave the lake when we are dumping in looking at us like we are crazy, “We have been out here since noon and we only got a couple, the only thing you guys will catch is a cold.” We just chuckle at them, we are getting good numbers with most of our fish around 20″, no real pigs yet as our biggest is only about 24″ as of right now. What really is kind of weird is around 3 am or so each time we catch a few fish that hit so much harder and fight way tougher than other fish the same size caught earlier in the night, I don’t get it but definitely am not complaining, just wish they all fought this way. They pound like this for a half hour or so then fishing usually slows down, its nice cause they pretty much let us know when to leave and give us one last rush before we do. ‘Tight Lines Folks

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Nice work and a nice bunch of fish

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

That fish in the weeds shot is pretty cool! How did you get that?

-J.

smackemup
    North Metro

Not gonna lie I released him, he headed for some weeds so I walked down shore and got the pic.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

awesome picture however you got it and nice report. looks like fun night fishing is always more exciting for some reason.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

awesome picture however you got it and nice report. looks like fun night fishing is always more exciting for some reason.

Maybe cuz you can’t see what you’re doing?

And I’m a cat guy for the most part, so I know night fishing. Just sayin.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your successful late night outings! Fishing in the dark takes some patience but it certainly can pay big dividends!

smackemup
    North Metro

Good headlights are great investments for people who like to catch walleye

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.