Erie Ice Fishing Guide

• Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Does anyone have a reputable guide they can recommend ? Looking at planning a trip this winter for eyes, any and all information is appreciated.

snelson223
    Austin MN

That might be a tough trip to plan. The lake doesn’t always freeze over.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

That might be a tough trip to plan. The lake doesn’t always freeze over.

x2

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Ya I know but I have a pretty flexible schedule and am just looking for a good experience, does anyone know if there’s going to be someone at the ice show ?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Air boats are probably as sure as it gets to get you on ice out there. The western basin is shallower and usually has the best ice from the research i have done. Port Clinton to Sandusky is where a majority of fishing takes place. It’s big water and conditions change in a heartbeat….tough to plan.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Get a hold of Michael Johnson of Reel Sport Fishing Charters. He’s out of Holland, OH. I’ve never personally used him for ice fishing, as we go out in April and bring our own boats. But he is a genuine guy with no BS. I have run into him a couple times at the Bait shop in Port Clinton and he’s been very helpful. Like others have said. Lake Erie doesn’t always freeze. But with a flexible schedule maybe calling him could get you some good information.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Thanks for the help, guess I’ll just have to wing it

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Mark, got a extra seat for me?

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Sure, if the girlfriend doesn’t want to go but I don’t see that happening

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.