LX5 Dead Spot

• Chris
    Rochester, MN

My LX5 lacks yellows and greens in the top 3 feet of the zoom portion. The lines show up crisp and clean throughout the water column on the right as well as in the bottom portion of zoom but in the top 3 feet of zoom the return is a fuzzy broken red line (if the fish is large enough).

I tried switching out the battery and that didn’t help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Question.

In the non zoom mode, how does the display area look?

If it’s fuzzy and not showing the correct colors all the time…use it for a few more weeks and then contact Marcum for service.

I have seen what you’ve described when the transducer is turned sideways slightly. I know, small chance, but I figure I should mention it.

Note for others: if a person needs a non warrantied part, they can be bought on-line at http://www.marcumtech.com

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I knew the question would be posed and I don’t have the answer When the fish are biting I just deal with it and at the end of the day I forget to test it. I’ll try to remember to check that next time out and make sure the ducer is level too.

I thought it was odd because aren’t the same lights used for all portions of the screen as the disc goes round and round?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes they are.

I’m not a guru on these things…in fact, I’m only 75-85% right.

Most of the smart guys are out fishing today.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

My LX5 lacks yellows and greens in the top 3 feet of the zoom portion.

I seen this same thing on my LX-5 also, After switching holes and back again it stoped. But I know what your talking about. Next time it happens I am going to video it with my phone and take it in.

It happened on Rde Lake in 10 fow if that helps.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Have you tried to just turn the unit off then back on? A simple turn off/on may resolve. Could be the battery too.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I tried both of those things. It has happened on separate outings so any internal caps had a chance to discharge too when the battery was disconnected at home.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I’ve had a similar experience, but I still had all the colors. In the upper left display I sometimes get a broken up display. I get dead spots when the display signal should be clean. No idea of what is causing it. However I sometimes can clean it up by changin the range, taking it in/out of zoom, or completely shutting the unit off and then using it a few seconds later.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What does the bottom of all your transducers look like? Mine is NOT smooth. It is very randomaly rough. I only ask because I have not been overly impressed with my unit. I have been waiting to see if things change but after 6 outings this year I dont think so. It will sometimes catch my tiny blue gill jig falling no problem. Next time down the hole I cant find it until after it hits the bottom. The signal can be weak sometimes then all of a sudden too strong. it’s 2 years old. Brand new battery. This was happening with last batt too. It’s not terribly bad but the inconsistancy is beginning to wear on me. Especially considering my obsolete Zercom Colorpoint actually works better under these circumstances.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Do you know what they did to fix your problem? Was it the unit or transducer? Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.