Stainless Prop repair – what shop is best?

• bob11
    Eau Claire, WI.

My Mercury High 5 prop needs to be rebuilt.
    Any thoughts as to the best place to take it?
    I live in Eau Claire, WI.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s a ways for ya, but someone from this site told me to go to the Prop Shop in Forrest Lake MN. The number should be in the yellow pages on the net.
    I thought he was really good…fast and helped me with some other prop issues.
    If you call ahead, ask him if you can wait for it(?)

bob11
    Eau Claire, WI.

Brian:
    Is this the prop shop in Forest Lake that you mentioned?
    Lance and Mark’s Prop Shop
    #651 982-0659
    670 N Lake St
    Forest Lake MN 55025

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s the one…! When going or calling there…tell’em some (prop) nut from IDA referred you to them!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

They did a great job on a 3 blade stainles Raker I chewed up big time.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There’s a prop repair shop in Hudson, Wi but I can’t remember the name and I can’t find on internet. It’s right next to 94 on top of the hill.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ll watch for it next time I’m over there. Has anyone used them?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Performance Sports. I had an aluminum prop that I did way too much damage to for them to fix. I ended up buying a new one. I hear they do good work, however.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Guys,

What kind of costs are involved when getting a SST prop repaired? I have some gravel nicks in the prop that I have been meaning to get repaired fro msome landscaping that I did last year. Any ballpark guess on a repair like this? The nicks are probably about 1/4 inch deep at the worst?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Steve,

Mine only ran me $50 and it was pretty bad. One of them lives here in Brooklyn Park, and you can just drop if off there and then they will call when its done. Pretty awesome, and she runs like new.

bob11
    Eau Claire, WI.

Steve:
    Lances prop shop in forest lake mn quoted me $135 to rebuild my 5 blade SS prop. That included balancing and putting more cup in the blades. That sounds high compared to $50 that Mike Finke says he paid. I think I’ll see what I could get for a trade in on a new prop, before I send it in for repair.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

bob,

2 extra blades and the cupping would be the difference. I talked to them a little about doing the same, but decided against it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Got it. Propulsion Performance 715-386-2547

If you go there mention where you got the number and the fact they would be doing themselves a favor by advertising on this site.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.