Marcum Lx-1/2 verus Vexilar FL-8

• Coreyc
    La Crosse/Amery, WI

I’m finally trying to get my hands on a flasher, but my budget will only allow for one of the lower end models of the 2. I was wondering if anyone could give me comparisons on performance between the 2 brands. Has anyone used both brands?? What would you say the pro’s and con’s are (if any). Recommendations?
    Thanks a ton in advance guys

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’ve never used one, but if you are looking to buy an Lx-2 or Vx-1 (there is no ice Lx-1, just a Vx1. According to the website the lx-1 is for open water use only) I would say to check the fishing equipment forum or ebay, or best yet, talk to Scott Steil, and see if you can get your hands on a nice used Marcum Lx-3. You could get them as low as 250 without the TC upgrade, and as low as 275 with it. Its just as cheap as store bought brand new, and You will get a better performing unit. Thats what I did. Just my advice. GOod luck in your search!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I’ve used both. I’ll get straight to the point here. The VX-1 is comparable to the fl-18. The VX-1 is MarCum’s lowest end unit yet it offers 600 watts of power, 6 interference rejection settings, and an automatic bottom locking zoom. Recently the VX-1 has been offered with a $50 rebate which puts the final price at $199. The VX-1 is an excellant choice for buyers with price in mind. When I worked the MarCum booth at the Ice Show, I couldn’t believe the number of VX-1’s walking out the door. When people heard the price, its features, and the quality,…it was a simple decision.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I have a lx-1 and love it,very queit,and smooth

Coreyc
    La Crosse/Amery, WI

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up going with the Marcum Lx-2…I mean the girlfriend ended up going with that, gotta love it. So far not a bad word to say about it!

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

I have not tried the Vexilars but in my opinion the Marcums are better bet primarily for this reason. IR function. The IR function allows you to cancel out interferences from nearby flashers. I think this is quite important.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Congrats on the LX-2, let us know how you like it.

Quote:

The IR function allows you to cancel out interferences from nearby flashers. I think this is quite important.

Very True

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I run a fl-18 which has the IR by pressing the gain button in…but I was also under the assumption that the fl-8 had the option too. I will say that I really enjoy my fl-18 but want to try a marcum lx-5 to see how they compare…they sound like nice units too.

Coreyc
    La Crosse/Amery, WI

After a week or so of using a Marcum (or any flasher for that matter) I would find it impossible to fish w/o again!! I iced almost a limit of perch and crappies last night as a direct result of using the flasher, if I wouldnt have been using it I bet my catch would be 1/2 the amount…sorry I cant figure out a picture to show you guys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.